ad: elecraft

Welcome to The Radio Garden

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7UUU, Feb 10, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K8ZT

K8ZT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Presentation on Online Listening including tunable SDRs and Radio Garden-
    http://tiny.cc/osdr

M1WML likes this.
  2. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In case you didn't know, 98% of the entire world's media is owned by the same 7 broadcasting corporations. Quite similar to the radio you mention. Over the decades I save and burn my favorite music to CD or thumb drives.
    Most all TV News channels play the same scripted indoctrination drivel as the rest.
    I don't understand how viewers think they are receiving honest or accurate reporting when they are owned by the same group of deviant miscreants.
    Luckily there are a few independently owned and operated media outlets that actually report real and factual unbiased news. Those independent networks are skyrocketing in the ratings since people began to realize the ones they've been watching for decades are just spewing fake BS.

M1WML and WN1MB like this.
  3. KA0SOH

KA0SOH Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent site and much enjoyed. I spent hours looking around and listening.

M1WML likes this.
  4. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

"The Radio Garden" Can you hear the local FM in the area?
    I can't find a local station.
    Is there any way? 83.3MHz

M1WML likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Only if they are a part of the Radio Garden network. I have no idea what the criteria are to join - cost, infrastructure, etc.

I do know I get a fair number of local (to me, near Seattle, Washington State, USA) FM stations. But certainly far from all of them!!

Dave
    W7UUU

M1WML and JF1IRQ like this.
  6. JF1IRQ

JF1IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Daveさん

Thanks for your comment.
    There are few local FM stations in Japan.
    I have a program I want to listen to.
    It is inevitable.

73 JF1IRQ.

M1WML likes this.
  7. K8GQ

K8GQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have to tell you that my virus protection blocked a virus when I scrolled upon a Russian station. Sorry I don't remember the station. I have used radio.garden a lot and this has only happened once.

8. KK6HUY

KK6HUY Ham Member QRZ Page

For those of you noting, shall we say, "odd" US commercials in some of these streams, well...they may well be there at the source. I spent a small amount of time in Africa and every station would run English-language commercials even in nations where English, is, at best, not a primary language. And English "stingers" as well between program segments. Why this is I have no idea.

9. KA1OXQ

KA1OXQ Ham Member QRZ Page

too bad it wont digest and offer WIZZ greenfield ma...now that's music...K

10. KB4MC

KB4MC Ham Member QRZ Page

WTWW-2 @5085 kHz offers Top 40 Oldies 24/7 One of the other transmitters (not sure which) offers Nashville Country Music at a different freq. They also feature many programs for Hams on Saturdays. All can be found on RadioGarden as well.

JF1IRQ likes this.