ad: NXPsemi-1

Welcome to the QRZ Stickers Forum!

Discussion in 'QRZ Stickers Around the World' started by AA7BQ, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This forum is dedicated to showing off the fantastic places that your QRZ Sticker has been. We're hoping to get pictures from around the world, in some of the most fantastic places where perhaps few other people will get to visit. On the other hand, maybe just your shack, or your favorite restaurant, from atop a high tower, or maybe even a congressman's office! Use your imagination.

The first rule in this Forum is that all new Threads must start with a picture, like this one:

356A2356.JPG

That's me, AA7BQ at one of the station consoles of W1AW

Go get a QRZ bumper sticker of your own, send a business sized SASE with regular postage to your QTH to:

QRZ Stickers
    8711 E. Pinnacle Peak Road #193
    Scottsdale, AZ 85255

The first sticker is free. For additional stickers, please send $1.00 each. Maximum of 6 stickers per envelope.

K4JGA, K2HAT and K5MTY like this.
  2. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I see all the great equipment, but I can't find you.

You must really blend in.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

3. W4VFC

W4VFC Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred: The stickers are fine, but I'll take exception with the phrase "... or your favorite restaurant, from atop a high tower, or maybe even a congressman's office!..." I knew a store owner in Austin TX, who on a daily basis, had to scrape all the meaningless crap stickers that the kids put on his restaurant, the phone poles in front, the newspaper box, etc. These of course are college kids who grew up putting stickers from cereal boxes all over everything, and have grown up still doing it. (This also raises the question about "gummies for adults" who take vitamin supplements, but I'll leave that to another diatribe.) I am not saying don't use them...they'd look nice IN CERTAIN PLACES i.e. things that YOU own. Put one on a congressman's door who isn't a ham and you may get a free night's stay at the local lockup. If someone wants to get a picture of a QRZ sticker on the top of Everest, please don't permanently attach it. Put it up, take the picture, and take it back down.

I'll relinquish the soapbox now.

KF5KCE, Pat

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Ordered several for myself - car, truck, and "portable" - I travel a lot for business and happy to help
    promote the site and take pix of my sticker as I move about the world.

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I almost made it to the top of Mt Everest and the sticker blew away! Some Sherpa will get my claim to glory now, no doubt.

K4JGA likes this.
  6. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Pat, have a look at the picture Fred posted above where the sticker is still on the backing inside the W1AW operation station. It should go without saying that we aren't advocating vandalism here!

7. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

What the devil is a QRZ Sticker and why do I want one?

8. VK4FI

VK4FI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like some stickers in VK how do I send a SASE or can I just Paypal some how

VK3XZ likes this.
  9. AA7IZ

AA7IZ Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ 600.jpg
    I like your suggestion Pat! I was a Payphone field tech for 23 years (laid off last March) seems most of my time was spent scraping stickers off our phones and removing graffiti. The rest off my time? Spent fixing vandalized phones..
    Carry On, de Dave AA7IZ

10. W4VFC

W4VFC Ham Member QRZ Page

The picture is great Dave! I got a good giggle out of it.... It's a shame there is so much vandalizing of public places. It's also a shame we hardly see any more pay phones.... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.