Welcome to the QRZ Logbook Forums Area

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by AA7BQ, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

We get a lot of email from computerized logbook users and we thought that it might be helpful to give each of the popular logbooks their own user community forum. QRZ doesn't necessarily endorse any particular logbook program and we'll create a forum here for just about any of them. Our only requirement is that there be at least some posting activity to warrant its existence.

This particular area of the forum is for topics that don't necessarily fit into one of the given categories, i.e., "which logbook should I use", or "what's and ADIF file", etc..

Thanks for all your support,

-fred

2. KR2D

KR2D Ham Member QRZ Page

Good idea, Fred!

But where's the forum for DXLab Suite? Of course, they do have a VERY active Yahoo! group, so maybe another forum really isn't needed.

3. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

Added per your recommendation!

Concerning need, one of the reasons we maintain these particular forums is that these logbooks interface directly with QRZ.COM and so we're trying to establish some local support.

-fred

4. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Hello Fred,

I found this software that allows fellow amateur radio operators to make log's of they're contacts. Looks pretty good to me! Here's the site http://www.n3fjp.com/

- Jamie (N4CYA)

5. N9YB

N9YB QRZ Administrator QRZ Page

6. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I didn't see it until just now some how the program area didn't show up for me until I refreshed the website

7. WK5X

WK5X Guest

I use N3FJP's logging programs. It doesn't have the bells and whistles that some logging programs have, but on the other hand, it doesn't take a computer scientist to figure out how to use it. It's a good, straight-forward system.

8. KA7O

KA7O Ham Member QRZ Page

Ahh, then likely should include fldigi and xlog as well then, eh?
    (Mmm, maybe not xlog - I thought it tied into "The Zed", maybe not. But I know fldigi does!)

9. GlobolStaff

GlobolStaff QRZ Member

Marked. I will check it then. Thanks

I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.
    me too, I need more detailed info:D

website update

10. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there any way to "hide" all these 18 or so little arcane Logging sub-sub-forums. Or maybe can move them to the end of the Ham Radio Tech list where they're easier to ignore?

When they were all in a separate forum it was possible to hide them but now that they're part of Ham Radio Tech that no longer seems to be possible and since they've been put right in the middle of the forum listing it's getting annoying having to scroll past all these to navigate to the good parts of Ham Radio Tech forums.

Why can't they all be merged into one single forum, anyway? That would make more sense. We don't have 18 sub-sub-forums for 18 different kinds of antennas or 18 subsubforums one for each digital mode, so why do we need 18 subsubforums for each logging program?

Edit: It seems to depend on exactly how the forum is navigated and what is done at each level. If you go back out to the top level and start over every time, you don't see all the sub-sub-logging-forums (SSLF) listed. If you navigate down to any of the Ham Radio Tech subforums and then back out without reading anything, you don't see the SSLFs. But if you actually open any thread anywhere in Ham Radio Tech, then when you go back up a level or two, then all the SSLFs appear in the list.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.