ad: wmr-1

Welcome to the Homebrew/DIY forum.

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by AB8RO, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

Mind you, these aren't "snip the diode to TX everywhere" type of 'mods'...rather, projects like adding a notch filter to a TR5 (with circuit diagrams and pix), a dual-mode squelch for the R7 (ditto schematics and pix) along with a number of other items which might be reusable in someone else's constructs.

Sadly, the "mods" area has IMHO gotten to be one of 'clip and snip' to "uncap my radidio". Ergo, my suggestion for inclusion in this forum, as each of the projects I have in mind requires a fair amount of building and a not too insignificant amount of rework to its parent device.

Thoughts?

2. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW, I didnt think I would see this board added but Im glad it has been.
    I should have something educational to read now, thanks for getting this started.

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yip....this will be a much more meaningful thread than the political junkie. Excellent tradeoff!
    eric

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

An Idea

I really like the idea of a parts exchange. An actual interactive database would be ideal, but until Fred could set something up like that, I wonder if we might want to just have a field in our profiles designating that we are a source of parts?

This forum was a great idea. Much needed.

eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.