Welcome to the Brave New World called eBay

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K3EY, Nov 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems eBay has changed everything, as we all very well know.

How about this one: Tony N3ZN, CW OP's out there know this, makes some of the best Keys in the world.

Now his Keys are being exploited with a China imitation priced about half as much with free shipping
    from China. Free shipping thanks to our government, another story.

Tony called eBay and was told: Tough luck you can do nothing because they have their own label.

So his ideas, along with blood sweat and tears are being exploited with eBay's help and blessings.

As I said, welcome to the New World.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-...569?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    N2EY likes this.
  2. K4KRO

K4KRO Ham Member QRZ Page

$25 H-Ts, half-price keys. I don't see anyone working on half-price gas or groceries and there is a massive market for those. America can do it best but we are too cheap to pay for it.

N8AFT likes this.
  3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure why this surprises anyone. Competitive free markets both here and world-wide have always existed and we benefit by cheaper prices for anyone who prefers to save money. All we should expect is a level playing field which tariffs are intended to provide.

NE1U likes this.
  4. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

The link you posted ships from Chino, California, and the seller shows in the Philippines.

5. K3EY

Regardless it’s made in China for half the price, it’s OK to steal another man’s ideas.

N2EY likes this.
  6. K3EY

My point was it’s stealing someone else’s ideas, and that’s OK as long as you can save money I guess.

N2EY likes this.
  7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

What I wrote and what you inferred seem to be different but regardless, if you don’t protect your idea and someone copies it, who is at fault here?

8. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

They're probably been waiting for someone to start a thread like this. A free ad on the qrz.com forums is probably quite valuable.

AG5DB likes this.
  9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

A U.S. copyright and patent means nothing out of the United States. o_O

K3EY, KA0HCP, N3AB and 1 other person like this.
  10. K3EY

I know by your writings that your world is black and white.

N2EY likes this.