Welcome to the Amplitude Modulation Forum: PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation - AM Fans' started by N6YW, Apr 8, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Welcome!
    All things AM are on the menu here folks, so dig in and make yourselves comfortable.
    I encourage everyone to share their experience, photos, stories and projects relating
    to the wonderful world of Amplitude Modulation as it relates to Amateur Radio.
    You will no doubt find some of the most knowledgeable people here who can anecdotally
    spread the technical and common sense understanding of AM.
    From the newcomer to the "Old Buzzards" we welcome everyone to "Carry On.

THE NOT SO FINE PRINT:
    No vulgar or insulting behavior will be allowed, PERIOD!
    This will be strictly enforced. Any posts matching this criteria will be deleted.
    Thank you for accepting this fact.

73 de Billy N6YW IMG_2511.JPG
    Photo courtesy of John WD7F

K4VA likes this.
  2. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

Way to go Billy.

Glad to see the filaments in those AM rigs lighting up.

This is certainly a great alternative to other websites.

Phil
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    AC0OB - A Place where Thermionic Emitters Rule!

Besides, when you're a Ham, you experiment with and improve boat anchors - that's what you do!. [​IMG]

N6YW likes this.
  3. N6YW

T
    Thank you Sir!

4. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

N6YW likes this.
  5. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Does anyone besides me and Rob K5UJ have the problem on this QRZ.com forum, that new posts do not move the threads up to the top of the list just under the stickies? Other sections, like Discussions, Opinions & Editorials, and Rag Chew Central II, automatically move threads to the top with new posts, but this one does not, making it difficult to catch new postings once the list has built up to more than a couple of pages, and difficult to see new posts to threads started more than a few days ago.

6. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hi Don,
    It's working like normal for me. I just updated a post that's been dormant for a while and it popped up to the top (under the stickies) but only after going to a different directory (i.e., out to Ham Radio Discussions) and back.
    on edit:
    After posting, the page goes back to where it was. I need to hit F5 to renew the page and then the posts are in the new order. ON the title bar, check to make sure the "Last Message" part is clicked with a down arrow. If it still doesn't work, your computer is possessed!

7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

In my ARRL book, "Propagation and Radio Science" I have a section on using AM for various scientific applications, where it still has distinct advantages over SSB. Worth a read, if I say so myself.

K4VA and W9JEF like this.
  8. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, I don't want to piss and moan about this because I didn't ask for it, and kudos to Billy for setting it up and taking the initiative and I'm not paying for it, so beggers can't be choosers. I just want to mention that if sorting or whatever that makes the threads with recent posts cluster at the top is supposed to be happening, it isn't working for me. I tried all the tricks above and currently using IE and Win7. I can slog through all the pages looking for new posts, but I'm not going to bother with that very often. I'm only mentioning it in the event there's a bug that needs to be pointed out. Not making any demands. 73

9. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree. I hadn't noticed this until Rob pointed it out to me, and sure enough I found the same thing. I'll have to try and see if going bout to Ham Radio Discussions and back to the AM section again brings new posts to the top, and see if it works the same with other forums. Maybe it has been this way all along and I never noticed it, because I usually don't stay logged on or keep a forum up after I have read whatever I wanted to read.

10. N6YW

I am working on this, still new to the forum tools.
    Thanks for the heads up.