Welcome to Swapmeet Talk

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AA7BQ, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD0QG

KD0QG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I remember years ago , 70 & 80's, when ham swap meets were unneeded equipment and a good place for a new ham to get set up. No price gouging and very reasonable and cheap prices to help or swap with others. A lot of my boat anchors here were good barges also. To me I don't care what memories or overpraised the old boat anchor is, it is only worth 1/2 the new price regardless because it is "used" in my book. Yet in this world of today I see many listed for more than they actually cost new? The guy gets tired of his old radio and you get to buy him a new one, Thank you so much? --No warranty, 'As Is", take your chances.-. Good luck? Yes there are good working used equipment that may or may not give years of good service if the price is right? but why pay more that you can get the latest and greatest for sometimes less money? If I had the fun and got the good from a radio and not using it anymore, let someone else enjoy it ? I have just given away some of my old radios or sold at a very reasonable and cheap or to help a new ham get started ..

2. N6TEB

N6TEB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just checked some of my listings from early January and see they are not marked as SOLD.
    I had replied to each saying they had sold. Is there something else I should be doing.
    Thanks for all the hard work and providing a great place to buy and sell gear.
    All my listings are under my call, n6teb. I did just add a new listing today which is still valid.
    73, Dave N6TEB

3. K4PVJ

K4PVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

NOT SURE HOW TO DELETE FOR SALE,HAVE A MFJ TUNERLISTED,BUT IT HAS BEEN SOLD. MY NAME GUY....K4PVJ

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

from Swapmeet Rules:

- Ending a Listing / Marking SOLD

QRZ moderators constantly scan the swapmeet area for revisions. If your item has SOLD, or you have decided to withdraw your offer to sell, you can CANCEL the listing. Either action results in an appropriate listing tag being applied. To notify QRZ of a status change in your listing, click on the small Report link at the bottom of your listing. This is a direct line to the moderators. Also, you can simply post a Reply to your listing saying either SOLD, or "withdrawn from sale". Moderators will see your update and adjust the listing tag accordingly.

5. N9TO

N9TO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Esteemed Mods...has any thought been given to asking/requiring For Sale posts to have the preferred or method of payment? That would probably answer one of the first questions everyone asks. Some people prefer PayPal, some do not. Some like cash, USPS MO, bank check, etc. It would help potential buyers out, as some of us only use Paypal for transactions. Thank you! Sorry if this is a dupicate post, I didn't read through the entire forum. Rob, K9KGM

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Simply hit the “report” button and tell the Moderators it’s sold. We try to catch ads posted as “sold” but can’t possibly see them all. The “report” button flags the Moderator Control Panel and guarantees your “sold” listing will be seen

7. K4LSX

K4LSX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

when post is "deleted" as a result of violating the 3 per 7 day rule can it be resurrected for re-post or must it be started over from 'scratch'?

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Technically, yes it could be done. But it's a bit of work for the Moderators. They would have to manually scroll through the For Sale thread, post by post, looking for the specific ad(s) to "turn them back on to visible". When a thread is deleted (removed from public view is more correct), it can no longer be searched by the call sign of the poster - hence the laborious hand searching.

So the "short answer" is just "no"

Remember that you can list as many items as you wish in a single ad, as long as the subject line still follows the rules (you can't just say "Shack cleaning" or words like that - but you can say "MFJ-9200, TA-33, SB-101, HW-7, IC-23A, etc"

I hope that answer helps

Dave
    W7UUU
    [Moderator]

9. K4LSX

K4LSX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, not the answer I was hoping for, but I guess it may be the only answer. I did not mean to imply putting the moderator to work doing it, I really meant to ask if after the seven days could I someway reinstate them, if they were accessible.
    Thanks.
    John

10. KC2MXH

KC2MXH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi can anyone show me how to post a wanted add?
    Javier
    KC2MXH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.