ad: UR5CDX-1

Welcome to Swapmeet Talk

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AA7BQ, Jan 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

We created this forum to give folks a place to discuss happenings and topics surrounding the QRZ online swapmeet. Unlike the For Sale section where chit-chat is discouraged, we invite you to join in our discussions about equipment sales, QRZ swapmeet policy, moderator questions, and listing policies. We even welcome the occasional "Price Police" who are invariably itching to chime into the regular listings (where they are prohibited).

Please keep the discussions civil, and ON TOPIC. By on topic, I mean something related to buying and/or selling ham radio gear here on QRZ.

73 -fred AA7BQ

N3AB, N0TZU, K2HAT and 5 others like this.
  2. VE5RH

VE5RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe this is a very good idea where a person can have a discussion other than the "for sale"area,talk about pricing, quality, shipping costs & anything related to the specific area of amateur radio products.

K1OIK likes this.
  3. N3AB

N3AB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Pass a cigar to the man with the straw hat! :):):) Excellent idea, Fred. Thank you for this new forum.

73, John N3AB

4. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

So Fred, According to the swap meet rules it is not OK to post email sent but it is OK to post that you are interested in an item?

5. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

harry,

i will give you my answer as a moderator of the swap meet. fred will obviously have the official answer. and quite possibly other mods will chime in.

i try to catch every comment that doesn't somehow add productively to the sale of the item. i also try to not re edit anything another mod has obviously seen and passed on.

as a new mod, the velocity is astounding,

if some response is particularly "troubling" to you, unproductive, etc. PLEASE report it and alert the mods to it. there is a reasonable possibility that it got missed

dan

6. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

From the Moderators rules
    3. Discussions are not allowed
    The rule can be boiled down to the following: Unless you are the seller, or a truly interested potential buyer, then you may not post into any for sale article. That's it.

So as a potential buyer then it should be OK to post that you are interested and in that post say that an email was sent too right?

It would seem that if a seller is posting an item for sale then logic would say that he / she would be watching the thread too and any reply to the thread would send him an alert either by email or when they log back in to QRZ. So why not we not allowed to use this feature?

7. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Dan, My comments / questions are due to making a reply to a for sale post that told the seller that I am interested in his item and in the same post posted email sent and that I am local to him.
    The post was then deleted because I posted email sent.

8. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Swapmeet Talk sounds a little risqué. ;)

WB7OXP likes this.
  9. WB7OXP

it is, and like all swap talk, it should be FUN and a bit flexible on the rules :)

10. WB7OXP

i know i shouldn't go down this track of micro tome hair splitting. but here goes:

i looked at the post you are talking about, and the op was SPECIFIC about how to communicate with him. it was BY EMAIL, and he put it in his post. HE WAS SPECIFIC

over the years on this and other forums, i have learned (sometimes the hard way) that not everyone responds to pm's, i have often found people who didnt even know what the "red marks in the corner" ment.

in my opinion, the mod made an appropriate decision, and other similar responses had been previously deleted.

i hope in the end, this works out and you find a rotator

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    N3AB likes this.