ad: elecraft

Welcome to Straight Keys

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by AA7BQ, Jul 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. AE7BT

AE7BT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was an just an Army puke, but I still get it. ;)

N2SUB likes this.
  2. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You can’t learn by sending. Not trying to be mean, Nothing will replace the foundation you have build in receiving. I would not even think of trying to send tell you could copy a slow qso. Then get on the air with a local CW op and do a little practice. You will get your sending down fast once you know the code. Then get on the air even if you have to go slow. Make a QSO a day or more and your speed will pick up fast.

3. N3KQN

N3KQN Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL! I used to have to repeat something like that,
    a long time ago.

N2SUB likes this.
  4. KG5WKO

KG5WKO Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought when started thinking about return CW required so licensed and 15 WPM isn't bad after 40 years. We have no store so need to order one but CW digital got me back in.

5. KG5WKO

KG5WKO Ham Member QRZ Page

What is to debate. Once you get it in your blood its unbeatable. WN6BPH as novice, when got back in first thing was CW! Just bought used key that looks to be quit old but solid. See you on 20 meters!!!

6. K6YF

K6YF Ham Member QRZ Page

I need help locating the ham who made my iambic key please. It's broken and needs a part but I've lost the info regarding the gent who manufactures them.

It has a stainless steel base, or at least that's what it appears to be. It utilizes magnetic technology and is similar to a Kent TP1-B in size, shape and function. Actual size of the base is 10cm x 5cm x 1.5cm

As I recall, I paid around $75 brand new about a year ago and mine was number 15 or so. It is extremely well made and was a real bargain at that price. I think he's in 4 or 5 land but that's a guess.

Any info that helps me find either the ham or spare parts for this great little key will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

7. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

BOB,
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO
    POST A PICTURE OF THIS IAMBIC KEY.

THANK YOU
    73 - K1LKP

8. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9. K6YF

K6YF Ham Member QRZ Page

K1LKP likes this.
  10. KE8IWM

KE8IWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I just checked his page, he appears to be done. Sad.

Back when I was first licensed, I was N8WVD and cut my CW teeth on a pair of Heathkit 1680/1681 twins. I traded gear and wound up with a Vibroplex Champion bug. I think it's still around someplace. I taught myself to send left-handed with the thing and take notes right-handed. Helen, W8GJX (SK) thought that was hilarious. Great times and great people.

Somehow I lost the interest in radio and let my license lapse. Big mistake since they haven't issued Advanced licenses for some years.

Long story short, I'm back as a General and have been listening on the bands to see if I can regain the ability to copy in my head again. Gotta go digging through the basement and see if I can find my old bug. I know where the straight key is. After the daughter's graduation party I can seriously start setting up a shack again.

Like many other folks, I'm drawn to CW because being a jerk is too much work in that mode.

Hope to work some of you on the air soon
    Kent, KE8IWM

KQ4MM likes this.