Welcome to Straight Keys

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by AA7BQ, Jul 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like a good plan... mix it up, try everything and whatever works... it's all good!

2. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad I finally read this = I had been assuming it's Straight Key Century Club, which I would otherwise have guessed meant either that you had to be doing CW for a hundred years, or able to copy at 100 WPM! LOL

W5BIB likes this.
  3. N4NOM

N4NOM Ham Member QRZ Page

4. N4NOM

N4NOM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a very nice looking setup. Thanks for sharing.

DF1HX likes this.
  5. DL6BCX

DL6BCX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Love straight-keying, do it with my left hand, just to challenge myself (no medical need). Nice forum. Have several straight keys each for one day, details on my QRZ-page.

6. K5UNX

K5UNX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This forums name should be changed . . . simple CW . . take straight keys out of the sub-forum name. Or provide a CW subforums for other means of sending.

N2UHC likes this.
  7. M0LEP

M0LEP Ham Member QRZ Page

It's been suggested many times before, aand there've been quite a few better name suggestions, but I guess it's not going to happen, so I figure we just have to ignore the name, and go with the description in the very first post instead:

8. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I started on 40m cw in 95. I wanted to learn the straight first. I learned the straight but never really liked paddles once I learned to use them. I like the cadence and movement of the straight key. Started with a Bencher RJ-2. But was given a brass Speed-X, it is much nicer then my Bencher. Low and slow love to chat.

9. AE7BT

AE7BT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I’ve been a ham for five years, and I’m making the transition away from primarily voice.
    I’ve been using a kit-assembled KK-1 key with occasional attempts at mastering a Vibroplex bug. The bug is fun, but I’m much more accurate with the straight key. I just ordered a Begali Blade that I’ll be hooking up to my Drake T–4cw.
    There is something more tactile and, umm, intimate about a well made straight key. You “get” this or you don't.
    I’m morphing into a CW guy. Voice has lost its magic for me, but Mr. Morse’s spell has me in its thrall.

10. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

YES!

This is my straight key. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My straight key is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my straight key is useless. Without my straight key, I am useless.

:)

KG7WGX and AE7BT like this.