Weird interference

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by FASTMASK, Dec 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. FASTMASK

FASTMASK QRZ Member

I'm going to start off with saying I hope this is in the right section and sorry if it's not

(for context I'm located in Constanta Romania)

Some of the guys I work with use old helicopter radios to communicate between each other. Recently they have been having issues where seemingly randomly they get an interference where they just can't talk to each other. Originally they thought someone was holding down the talk button without knowing it, but the other day we didn't have anyone using the radios when the noise that everyone was hearing came threw so we ruled out the holding down the mic as being the problem. We have been operating on the same channel and freq for years with no issues so I don't think it's just some random person messing with us.

This hasn't really affect our ability to operate so I'm not looking for a fix more just curious if anyone has had this same problem or might have an idea what's causing it.

2. AF7TS

AF7TS Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you know if your group is licensed for the frequency you are using?

Perhaps someone else is using the frequency, using a different modulation scheme (eg. digital or FM if your radios are sideband) that sounds like noise to your radio.

-Jon

N2UHC likes this.
  3. FASTMASK

FASTMASK QRZ Member

Yes our group is licensed for the freq we are using, and it's not static that we are hearing it's like a beeping noise is how I'd best describe it

4. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

What frequency are we talking about here?