Weight percentage at QRQ

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KE5FRF, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been messing around with the weight percentage on my IK2 in the command entry mode. I know most keyers allow for adjustment of weight.

The default is 50%, but I have heard other ops talk about adjusting the weight a bit when sending at faster speeds, and this makes some sense. I've personally never altered this, but I went from the default of 50% and reduced it to 45% and noticed that my sidetone has a crisper quality to it. When sending a string of dits, a 4 or a 5 for instance, I'm a little more accurate because that millisecond timing difference between the dits seems to sharpen them up.

really, it is barely noticeable, I wouldn't notice this in another ops sending...I mean, I wouldn't be able to say, "Hey, his weight is set at 45%!"...the mind can't tell the difference...
    BUT, I believe that I might be able to copy this a bit better in marginal conditions, and it would seem the likewise would be true.

Do any of you set the weight on your keyer a little off standard for the crispness or maybe "punch" that it might have?

2. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

No opinions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.