Website performance

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KA2FIR, Nov 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

Over the past several weeks I've noticed the QRZ website response time become very slow taking a number of seconds for pages to update or going to a link after clicking on it. What's going on?

Tnx,

Mike

2. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Probably nothing. There are periodic maintenance periods where things slow down but not terribly often and for very long. Many things to check on your end. At least once a week you should shutdown your modem/router for about 30 seconds. They have small brains that need to be cleansed and refreshed now and again. You may also want to reboot your browser and actually your whole machine every week. FWIW QRZ is optimized for use with Google Chrome. Other browsers are fine, but you will get the total experience using Chrome.

N6QIC likes this.
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You also may want to clear the browser cache, history and cookies then restart the browser. When I have trouble it is most always my internet connection.

4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

No problem here and I check in several times a day.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

N6QIC likes this.
  5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have noticed a slow down of the internet lately. It is not just QRZ.

It seems that Win 10 gets affected by Russian hackers the most. :rolleyes:

Cloud attacks are being tested, and seem to be working. o_O

Have Fun Everyone.

6. N6QIC

Definitely something is wrong somewhere, It just took me a half hour to login.

7. N6QIC

Now finally able to post the screen shots. I still think it is just my connection giving me trouble, but I am not sure.

cant_log_in_2.jpg cant_log_in.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  8. KA9JLM

Looks like the Copyright expired. :rolleyes:

9. AF7XI

AF7XI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I too have noticed long loading times of the QRZ page. I check side by side with other websites and it's definitely noticeable. Manageable, but noticeable.

10. KA9JLM

I just checked the Main page, And it is hosed with Podcast and Video links. :eek:

Bad idea in my opinion. 1 bad link and hose city. But I rarely go there, Or do click bait.

<a href="http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/586952">HamRadioNow Stuns, Kills QRZ (a comedic click-bait headline)</a>

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017