weather underground

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by M0HEM, Oct 25, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sure the code can be yanked.

I like to get permission to do that. Just to be on the safe side. ;)

If it is flash, It may not display for everyone. I block flash, Unless I really really need it.

2E0TZX likes this.
  2. M0HEM

M0HEM Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Here I thought this thread was going to be about bombs and Bill Ayers and the Black Panthers and all that from 1970! I remember all that as kid and it really made me uneasy as a 9 year old. It was the first time I ever heard of people using bombs to kill other people - The Weather Underground - It was a big topic at the time at school.

Not even sure what the Weather Underground being referred to even is....

Dave
    W7UUU

KC9UDX and 2E0TZX like this.
  4. 2E0TZX

2E0TZX Ham Member QRZ Page

Well it is not my thing, flash, never 'built' anything from it, so I can't help further than explaining and moving the thread along.

Wish I knew more about Flash, sorry John.

I think that is the data feed for the desired flash page.

5. 2E0TZX

2E0TZX Ham Member QRZ Page

Oi you, power to the peeeeeppoolee! :p
    Underground weather sounds funny, but I wouldn't be surprised if it still rains underground here in N/W UK!

On the main conversation...
    I think I might send Taz a polite Email/PM.

Edit: well the email bounced.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

7. NS3L

NS3L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looked at the JA site and didn't see what you were talking about, however look at mine here on QRZ and you will see my WU rapid fire.

In edit you need to create a flash animation. In my case I used the following as the URL for my Station KPANAZAR13. All you would need to do is change it to your WU station ID.

https://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapid_Fire.swf?units=english&station=KPANAZAR13

Hope this helps..

Steve NS3L

KA9JLM likes this.
  8. M0HEM

i emailed the ja station for support

9. KW4EK

KW4EK Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are going to design an applet feature nowadays it is best to use an HTML5 and JavaScript solution, rather than Flash, as they are built into most every web browser -- desktop, tablet, and mobile phone -- and require no optimal plugins to enable support.

Flash is very much a dying technology these days and becoming less and less common an installed plugin on visitor's PCs. A few more years and very few people will still be able to view Flash content unless they are the rare user that absolutely requires legacy support. As a plugin it has also been pretty well battered in recent years with countless vulnerabilities that has also led many former users to simply uninstall it from their PCs, further shrinking the install base.

By comparison, a modern solution based on HTML5 and JavaScript requires no special web browser plugins for support and will also work natively on any modern mobile device (smartphone, tablet, etc.).

All of which I mention on the chance that you wish to ensure future compatibility for your web applet. Either way, I wish you all the best.

KA9JLM likes this.
  10. M0HEM

do u have the htm code so that i can do it i would like it like his ja station