we need a good kids contest

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KB1NYQ, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
  1. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ magazine does sponsor Under 21 plaques in the CQWW DX test and may do so in the WPX. I know the ARRL DX used to have under 18 plaques (I won it three straight years a while ago).

I doubt you;re going to get a new category as the major contests already have HUNDREDS of categories in a contest.

There are a number of youth oriented contests out there. LIDfest was one organized by the WWYC last month and was quite humorous to watch unfold on 80 meters and on DXSummit. Their website is www.wwyc.net and a bunch of them are on IRC chat 24 hours a day in the #wwyc room.

2. k0dxc

k0dxc Guest

I will talk to John, K1AR, and Doug, K1DG

They both have countless influence and I am sure that they would be able to get something going

3. KC0WIR

KC0WIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm jumping in a little late here, but I completely agree.

4. KI4PRK

KI4PRK Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, Kids day is not a contest and the School Club roundup is not centred on kids, but rather school clubs, and most of the clubs are at universities. Yes, thats a bit better but two things: It's not focused completely on young hams, and not all kids can be a member of a club. I know three young hams, plus myself, and all are homeschooled.

I wrote an article on this on eHam.net, but it hasn't been posted yet. Hopefully it will be soon though.

73, de Brennen KI4PRK age 13

5. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

I still haven't heard back from the CQWW folks or WPX.

And I told you what I hear from the ARRL :mad:

6. KI4PRK

KI4PRK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, well, it doesn't neccisarily have to be organized by either. All you need is publicity, and I've been told several times that I should write an article in QST. Ah, the power of the press...

Now if only the idea could come through :D

7. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

K3EST is sometimes a bit slow on responses...

8. WW1MM

WW1MM Ham Member QRZ Page

TRUE DAT!!!! a petition would be excelent!!!

9. K0DXC

K0DXC Ham Member QRZ Page

I will soon be submitting an article to QST, Look For it!

73 de Calvin K0DXC

10. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

On what?

FWIW, it probably won't show up for a while.
    A friend submitted an article in February I think, it showed up in February too.
    The next year.

But that's cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.