ad: elecraft

we need a good kids contest

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KB1NYQ, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

But the ARRL already sponsors those! [​IMG]

2. KB1NYQ

KB1NYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

ya i was looking for a cq ww like contest. if i could borrow a mulit-op station and fly in a bunch of us kids contesters for cq ww next year and others could do the same. then we might have a case. it is only fun if we had at least up to multi-2 youth. btw the arrl contests S%C(!!!

3. k0dxc

k0dxc Guest

4. KB1NYQ

sure i am in but idk how many kids can do it. i would be trying to push the keyer while others may just be starting.

5. KB1NYQ

still it could be really fun if the point was to work everyone

6. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

I emailed the ARRL and got a mediocre response, it would seem as though they about recruiting young hams, but not keeping them interested. The person I talked to said that there wouldn't be enough interest, as past contests have shown. Yeah, past contests would look that way because the ARRL never HAS done anything with youth contesting.

Never got a response from the CQWW folks.

Will be trying again though.

Looked at their structure some more, and have a better idea on how I should propose this idea.

7. MI0JVI

MI0JVI Ham Member QRZ Page

Duncan, the RSGB is the same, it's all about getting £X from examinations and to hell with them after the pass.  They aren't interested in anything else other than trying to attract new members so they can scrape another £44 out of them and printing books.  It might as well become a book shop.

(Hark at the RSGB member - see signature  [​IMG] - hey...it was free!)  [​IMG]

73 J

8. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

I like that, good one on capacitors! [​IMG]

For someone under 18 I think, it is only $20 for a membership.

9. VK3FTIM

VK3FTIM Ham Member QRZ Page

Gday mate

Just for a suggestion This isn't MSN maybe spelling correct will help me understand your post [​IMG]

That's a great idea for the Comp maybe try it on the 40 meter Band (7.000 to 7.300 L.S.B MHZ) and the 10 Meter Band (28.000 to 29.700 MHZ) for a International Comp Under 18's only LSB on 40 Meters And USB on 10 Meters [​IMG]

And Max Power at 150 Watts.

In U.S.A and other Country's are they allowed to Operate on these Frequencies [​IMG]

There's heaps of things you have to take in what time this will take place, your Max power usage, Frequencies, The design of QSL Cards ETC ETC

Hope to hear from you soon.....

10. KI4PRK

KI4PRK Ham Member QRZ Page

What we need to do is get together a whole bunch of kids (150+) and petition the CQ WW magzine to get a Youth category. Or you could have a contest where the exchange is Callsign, RST, State/province/territory/continent, and age. Scoring equals (in years): 50+=1 point; 40–50=2 points; 30–40=3 points; 25–30=4 points; 18–25=5 points; 15–18=6 points; 11–15=8 points; 10–=10 points. Mults= 1 mult for each US state/territory or Canadian Province/territory, or 5 mults for each Continent worked. How does that sound [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.