we need a good kids contest

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KB1NYQ, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB1NYQ

KB1NYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

we compete to see who can work the most adults. i dnt know how it would work but we need a big contest for us kids. maby we can rent a few gun stations for the contest have like 3 mmhp stations set up and rock the $%^& out of the usa with the sound of us young folks. there ar some reat kid contesters that need a good chance to compete. i will do the logs and stuff but smeone else will have to design the rules. tell me if ya want to do it.

2. k0dxc

k0dxc Guest

I would be interested but I doubt anyone as a kid would have enough money to rent a huge big gun station.

Let me know how I can help

by the way we can all compete in the real contests as I have been doing for a while.

3. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

the local club here doesn't have the best station but they do have Kw's and "big rig's" . They are very helpful I might be able to do something

4. KB1NYQ

ya that is fine. i maight be able to get in to k0tv for free. a kilowatt and a beam is fine so is a dipole. i have a fine sig from my house with only 600w and a dipole but i am running an ft-2000 for the reciving edge. wat ever ppl can do. a multy could be a fun event for kids to connect. i have a mulit 2 on the way at my house which way be used.

5. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

What we need to do is use what we already have.
    Be more active in contests as Kids Day and School Roundup, or push for state QSO parties to add a 'Youth' class.

Just my 2 cents, hope it makes sense [​IMG]

6. KB1NYQ

i like that one duncan "youth class"

7. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

thanks, i will pursue that.
    have some contacts that i might be able to talk to.

8. KU5B

KU5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Why rent the big gun stations?? Most of the time, the owners are more than happy to have youth operate their stations. This has usually been the case for me.

If you're looking for contests with seperate youth categories, here are two that I know about.

Stew Perry 160m Contest : N0TT usually sponsors a <21 and >100q's category...fun CW test and a nice plaque to boot!

CQWW SSB/CW: I'm sure many people neglect to fully read the entire rules set (I know I have until this year) and miss the trophy for the Single Op, World All Band, Under 21 category.

GL getting something going!

Colin KU5B

9. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

Sent an email to the CQWW folks, waiting to hear back from them.
    See what they say since they seem to be the Contest Gurus right now, then I'll pursue any other contests you would like to see have a "Youth" category

10. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You might have to settle for a bad kids contest. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.