We lost a co-sponsor on ARPA

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Dec 22, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I was not referring to you. The person to whom I was referring full well knows. If he had any integrity, he would accept responsibility for that behavior. He also called me a liar and when he was sent evidence to support my statement didn't have the character to apologize. He than implied I was operating out of band based on one very old RBN reference which others noted is often wrong.

The "stupid and brainwashed" is an exact quote he used to describe everyone who lives in an HOA.

If you want to call me a troll, so be it. But please have the courtesy to label the behavior I just described as something far worse. And he continues posts on this very page. Such is the caliber of some people who dare criticize others.

2. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Then, I offer my sincere apology. I never saw anyone else in this thread use the term "brainwashed".

3. W5WN

I cannot find an "exact" quote that you have stated exists. I did a chronological search on the term "brainwashed" and found 11 posts in this thread. Seven of those posts were made prior to your accusation of being called "stupid and brainwashed" by an individual. None of them called you stupid or brainwashed. There was one reference to "stupid and brainwashed", in a post, although not in the same sentence. The "stupid" comment was about an idea and not calling any particular person stupid. He says it is the fault of those who are "stupid" enough to buy into a restricted community and gave up the right do certain things on their property and then cry about it. It obviously wasn't directed at you since you don't cry about your community.

Other than the above post, all other references to brainwashed were either to my post or quotes of my post.

After I made a comment using the word "brainwashed", you stated: "That anyone thinks it is acceptable to sit in judgment of others, whom he doesn't even know, and make such statements is dysfunctional." I made the comment immediately preceding your post referring to "dysfunctional". The post made by KK4NSF was made several weeks earlier. It appears that comment was directed at me. When I used the term, it was not meant to be derogatory. I was referring to those that accepted the marketing of the HOA industry and like that lifestyle. I even gave a definition of what brainwashed means to show that I was using the term in a non-derogatory manner.

Nobody posted on the page that you refer or even 3 or 4 pages prior that used the words "stupid and brainwashed".

Maybe you are being a little to sensitive or else you may be exaggerating a bit about other posts.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  4. K1VSK

i assure you this person said what I quoted. The 'stupid and brainwashed' quote is contained in the previous ARPA thread not that it matters where. The other quotes are not my imagination either as I would have no reason to contrive such bs.
    I am certainly no 'angel' here due, in no small part, to being dragged down to that level by such reprehensible behavior.
    Regardless, I and that person both know who he is and what he said.

5. W5WN

Thank you for clarifying. It wasn't recent as you stated, thus why I couldn't find it.

6. K1VSK

Chronology isn't the issue. The lack of respect for others is, the judgmental attitude is and the liable is. Again, I am no 'saint'here but you ( the colloquial 'you', not you personally) can push people only so far despite my reservations to retaliate.
    To my mind, this person epitomizes the poor judgment to which some go in trying to change the rules by which others (for the most part) freely chose to live. And further debate on this would be painfully redundant and fruitless.
    I will end my participation feeling guilty I sometimes stooped to that level. For only that may be accused of being too sensitive.

7. W5WN

Are you sure that the posts that you are referring were in qrz.com and not some other ham radio web forum? I searched all of the ARPA threads that I couild find in 2015 (my search actually took me back to 2012) and found 2 threads.

"Have your read this ARPA hit piece written by a Ham?"

and

"H.R. 1301 now has 63 Cosponsors"

Interestingly, KK4NSF posted exactly the same comment in the thread "Have your read this ARPA hit piece written by a Ham?" that he posted in this thread:

That was the only post in that thread that used the word "brainwashed" and "stupid". You did not respond to the post in that thread. However, in the thread "H.R. 1301 now has 63 Cosponsors", Steve WB2WIK posted:

And, you responded:

You came pretty close to calling Steve "stupid" there when you said he was "ignorant" considering intelligent, well-educated and knowledgeable people as "loony or brainwashed". Again, you were not called stupid.

The only other posts that used the word brainwashed in that thread were quotes from Steve's posting. I used the qrz.com search feature to make sure that I didn't miss any threads or forums. But, maybe I'm still missing something.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  8. K4JDH

K4JDH Ham Member QRZ Page

One of my favorite Beatles songs is "Let It Be".

WA7PRC likes this.
  9. W5WN

Yes, and maybe the post that made accusations that can't be pinned down should have been the one to start.

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Interestingly there's a bill on the agenda in the state of Missouri which is drafted with the language of ARPA but pertains only to that state. It may pass sooner than ARPA might.

If Missouri passes this proposed legislation, I'd expect other states to jump on that wagon before long, and would fully expect California to join the wagon.

Story up since yesterday here on QRZ.com and the video is linked below.

KU0O likes this.