ad: cq2k-1

WBØCMZ - Roger Gollub, MD

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AL4S, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. AL4S

AL4S Ham Member QRZ Page

2. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Roger Gollub, WB0CMZ, will long be remembered for his warm spirit, compassion, and love of life. His love for others, always seeing the good in others, was so plainly obvious. His friendliness and willingness to help others in need was displayed as a career pediatrician serving Native Americans in the desert Southwest and Alaska. He is sorely missed.

Roger, who I considered a good and fierce friend, loved operating CW. His keen musical ability served him well as an ardent CW operator. He and I operated Field Day at the Anchorage Amateur Radio Club in recent years -- racking up quite decent scores, even during the cycle's down years.

Recently, Roger was a mainstay CW operator at this past summer's Arctic Circle operation of W1AW/KL7. Roger was excited about the operation and was looking forward to op'ing Sweepstakes and the next Field Day, using the N1MM program.

Roger is missed. Roger was a ray of sunshine, a fierce friend, and a giving man. I am proud to have called him my friend.

Godspeed, Roger! Rest easy in the Lord's presence.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  3. KD5KTY

KD5KTY Ham Member QRZ Page

Roger was an old friend from over 20 years ago when both of our families were just starting out on our life journeys. His career took him a long way from New Mexico but we've never forgotten him.

His death was a shock to so many in NM who remember him fondly for his compassion for others and his passion for everything he did.

It is this great passion that will help his family carry on his legacy. My thoughts are with them.

KD5KTY, Kitty in Gallup, NM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.