ad: elecraft

Ways to fix the "FRAUD" found here on the Ham items for sale

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KG5RPZ, May 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KG5RPZ

KG5RPZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That in and of itself should not be possible, you should have to be a verified member to even see the ads or correspond with the persons with the ads.

NY8T and KB4QAA like this.
  2. KG5RPZ

make that 4 lol, I'm glad I started this post, I had no idea this was an option. Honestly, every QRZ member should be verified, especially if you want to participate in the BUY/SELL/SWAP forum

ND6M and K2HAT like this.
  3. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Any government issued photo id will do. Driver's License, military id, Identification card, etc.

K2HAT likes this.
  4. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would also like to "get verified" but it doesn't seem to work unless you have a cell phone and have cell phone service. Two methods are advertised --- text to cell phone OR download app to cellphone.

One way is advertised "doesn't require cell phone," but guess what, it does. Either way it doesn't work for me since I do not have cell phone service where I live. Would have to drive 6 miles into town, hope to catch a signal, do something with the cell phone, and then drive 6 miles home. Is that a one time thing, or do I have to do that every time I want to log on?

5. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are confusing Verified with 2 Factor Authentication. 2FA does require a cell phone/tablet. To my understanding

6. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I may be confused, but I have tried to do this. The "system" requires me to have 2 Factor Authentication before I can be verified, which means I cannot be verified without cell phone service. I have tried with two different browsers, in case the process is browser-dependent. neither will work without my having cell phone service.

Moreover the "system" still says one method doesn't require cell phone service but does actually require cell phone service. Either a text to cell phone or download an app to cell phone. To say it doesn't require cell phone service is just plain wrong. Or the "system" isn't working as advertised ( for those of us without cell phone service ).

I am not trying to be difficult. I am just trying to figure out how to get verified without having cell phone service. The website-accounts-instruction-process all lead to needing a cell phone with service. Please explain how to do this without cell phone service.

Here is the cut and paste of the "method that does not require cellular service" ... if I click on it it takes me to Google and after a getting an email code, it then requires me to download an app to my CELL PHONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So ... cellular service is not required unless you want it to work. Which means it is required !!

• Use the Google Authenticator Application to Generate Codes
      This method does not require cellular service

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

I think QRZ should mail out postcards with the secret code :)
    LoTW is seeming much friendlier nowadays! You don't need a cellphone and you don't need to turn yourself into a Google subject.

8. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

You have to enroll in 2FA before you can get "Verified". And yes, you need a cell phone or tablet in order to enroll in 2FA.

9. KG5RPZ

Not trying to be snarky, but honestly do you "NEVER" go to town? Just do it when you do make that trip.

10. WD8T

WD8T Subscriber QRZ Page

Get the Google Chrome browser and add the Authenticator extension to the browser. It will appear just to the right of the search bar. During the 2 step sign up process on QRZ you will have the option to scan a QR code or use a serial number with Authenticator. Just copy and paste the code into Authenticator and you should be good to go.