Ways to fix the "FRAUD" found here on the Ham items for sale

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KG5RPZ, May 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. KG5RPZ

KG5RPZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was looking to buy a Dentron MK tuner, and I have been doing Ebay and online secondhand sales for 20 years now, I have only had 3 bad transactions, one was on here. I know what to look for and I did my homework. I paid via paypal with my credit card, two lines of defense. I got my money back, but that to me isnt the point. We need to seal the gates and keep this a Ham Licensed Folks only Venue. Not many legitimate Hams are going to screw one another over. Not that it would never happen, but not nearly as likely.

2. KG5RPZ

You are taking things out of context, QRZ was and is the medium we are talking about here, did QRZ steal from anyone? Certainly not, however at the time they did not have a failsafe in place to keep non-Hams out of this site, so in that regard they dropped the ball and allowed the problem to get inside QRZ.

3. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Point is many of the frauds are committed by scammers who never log into the site but read the adverts and send emails with faked callsign addresses.

KA2FIR likes this.
  4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

What type of govt Id is required?

5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

So far, in the two pages of this thread, only 2 of us are VERIFIED on QRZ

6. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

3 now

ND6M likes this.
  7. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

That’s why email addresses should not be in the ad.

8. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to the crowd!

ND6M and K2HAT like this.
  9. KG5RPZ

Excellent point! And this is what I am getting at there has to be a way to Isolate the ADs to Verified Members only. And have a transaction phase that is more secure that requires more security on both sides to ensure the buyer/seller are both legit.

10. KG5RPZ

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, I have went through the process to be a Verified Member. I think anyone who is allowed to even see the BUY/SELL/SWAP part of the forum should be forced to do this at minimum.