Wayne Green's magazine collection

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by WB2MJG, Sep 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WB2MJG

WB2MJG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

AG5DB likes this.
  2. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

Never Say Die while moving all that.

3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

That is real close to me but I dont need any more paper. They might be good for a wood stove:D

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow. That's NUTS. Especially considering 100% of the "73 Magazine" publication is available free online and has been since Greene's passing.

Who on earth would want TONS of old paper magazines? I do hope they find a home but I'll bet that's very very unlikely

Dave
    W7UUU

5. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

How much of the online versions will still be available 30 years from now?

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Or to counter, how many people to you realistically think will want to read them 30 years from now?

The internet "is forever" - they will still be here, when the paper versions are long ago dust.

But I doubt anyone will be left alive who cares by then

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I would love to have it, but then again, I would love to have alot of stuff. And someplace to put it all.

8. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

while I don't care a hoot about wayne's magazines, just adding that the internet is not forever.

search and access is controlled and while some things get cached forever, finding and accessing it when you want will be a challenge.

9. W1UO

W1UO Ham Member QRZ Page

They are available in many formats (pdf, etc). They could be downloaded and burned to DVDs. Or even download them to a Kindle.

10. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

could

but will they?

and could you access them, should you desire?