WaveNode WN-2m SWR/Wattmeter

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by WD7R, Dec 15, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WD7R

WD7R Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW! What a wonderful station accessory! This is way more than just an excellent SWR/Wattmeter! It also includes fully customizable, easy to understand software, modulation analysis, SWR graphing and much more! This is truly a "Swiss Army Knife" of station accessories. It is an excellent value and the sensors are calibrated and ready to go "right out of the box". My hat's off to WaveNode for offering such an incredible piece of gear. Also the customer service and communication are top notch! Thanks WaveNode, this is exactly what my station needed!!!

2. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They do look great - just a bit pricey. You do need to by different sensors for the various applications. If I win the lottery I would definitely get one!

Roger KK6IVD

3. WD7R

WD7R Ham Member QRZ Page

Pricey? Compared to what? The cheap Daiwa meters? Relative to the Telepost LP-500 and Smurf, the WaveNode is a bargain! Much better value and features than the Daiwa. No comparison IMHO. With the included software, its like getting a FREE real time oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer in addition to an accurate SWR/WattMeter.

4. N6RGR

N6RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not disputing it's quality or functionality. The base price of $450 for a WN-2d does include one sensor, but any additional sensors run at $65.00 and a rotor control $75.00. That plus 9% sales tax and shipping here in CA can add up quickly if you are retired on a fixed income.

Roger KK6IVD

5. K6JM

K6JM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hats off to WaveNode not only for building great equipment, but offering ongoing support. In 2003 I bought the WN-1 with an HF sensor and later added a UHF sensor. This original controller used a parallel cable to connect to the pc. It was wonderful to have so much functionality for a reasonable price. In those days we were using Windows XP. At some point, they released the WN-2 controller that uses a USB cable, but they continued to support the old WN-1 via documentation and software. I got out of HF in 2012 and the WaveNode went in the closet. In 2020 I returned, pulled out the WN-1, stuck an old parallel card in my Windows 10 pc. WaveNode's documentation showed me how to configure and this older product still works. I almost forgot what a great wattmeter and SWR meter it is, and the software has a lot more features. OK, I admit I will probably upgrade to the WN-2 at some point, but it is nice that a 17 year-old digital product still works with the latest computers.

Jim - K6JM