ad: Flexradio-1

Watching the end of international broadcasting

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by NH7L, Apr 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. NH7L

NH7L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K5MTY likes this.
  2. BV2FB

BV2FB Ham Member QRZ Page

Raising of OTH and other HF radar instead

3. KD2BBC

KD2BBC QRZ Lifetime Member #587 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

AWWWW THIS IS SADDEN ME...HUH NOOOOOOOOOOOO[​IMG]

K5MTY likes this.
  4. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Misleading Title. This site hasn't been used for broadcasting since 2006, ten years.

5. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Except for poor parts of the world, the Internet has pretty well replaced most international shortwave broadcasting, especially using English.

6. M0PHE

M0PHE Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Now send all that steel to China, I need a new warshin' musheen...

8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The big VOA sites were about the last places with the big rhombic, vee beams and curtain antenna Farms. Back in the thirties, forties, and fifties International stations used these big wire antennas for worldwide telecommunications traffic. I was very fortunate to be able to use some of the big antennas at a VOA site in the past. Tell you view them both for transmit and receive for long-haul Communications you really don't understand the gain that these antennas had. I'm very happy to have a few large rhombics at my QTH.

9. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Aren't there something like 3 or 4 threads with this same topic? I'm not ragging - just curious why the mods don't do a merge to put all the commentary in one thread like they do in other boards I use.... just keeps things tidier.

Just my 2/100 of a dollar is all

Dave
    W7UUU

11. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The world should have never gone digital, the internet should have never been invented and certainly, computers should have never been invented.

There is something special about looking through a file cabinet for information. Can't we go back to the way it was? Why not do the same controlled demolition to the internet.

12. KC4YLV

KC4YLV Ham Member QRZ Page

I wouldn't mind, now that shortwave is worth so much less both politically and monetarily, seeing a relaxation of licensing rules and a change to the "no domestic broadcasts" FCC shortwave rule.

You'd better believe I'd put together a nonprofit few kW station with a couple friends.

13. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The "tower-climbing" video was rather anti-climatic to say the least!!! What they should have done was to have him leave the TOP jumping off back to the ground using a "PARA-SAIL"!!!

14. KG7KQT

KG7KQT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, all I can say is; if they didn't want those towers, they could have given them to me! :)

15. KC5MO

KC5MO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is an old clip, but it still is disturbing to watch. I still prefer to listen to SW than read something on the internet. The idea that the internet is more reliable than SW is a stupid but even more so is to put all your eggs in one basket ( the internet ) and think it will always get through. Last Friday a fiber got cut and took out the internet, phones and television for most. Rabbit ears and radio worked.

Herb
    KC5MO