ad: Stlouis-1

Watcha workin on?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK4YWN, Dec 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

I replaced my North West receiving loop. It had too much sensitivity for the background noise in that direction. Reducing the sensitivity requirement allowed me to increase the bandwidth to cover 160 to 30 meters. The smaller loop is higher off the ground so it doesn't interfere with yard work. Next up is the SE loop.

Last night I fixed a digital clock with an intermittent time zone switch.

Zak W1VT

2. K5MIL

K5MIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Working on a Tektronix 454 scope I am trying to bring back to useful life.
    Were they broken?

Bill - K5MIL

3. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a Kenwood TS-520SE on the bench right now. Picked it up last spring in known non-working condition as a winter project and now it's winter. Typical issues with resistors on the RF board, weak driver tube and bad finals along with a few random component failures. The rig is basically back up and running and just started alignment per the service manual, so far so good.

4. VE7GPG

VE7GPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rebuilding a Heath station
    SB-230
    SB-104a
    SB-614
    Remote VFO and Station Monitor

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like you guys instead of complaining about propagation or your HOA are into other aspects of what makes the hobby great. This is an impressive and interesting list of projects...keep 'em coming.

6. KE9EX

KE9EX Subscriber QRZ Page

Need to get someone to help me get my longwire antenna back up in the tree.

The wind and ice and snow from the storm over a week ago dropped it down badly.

It still loads, but, after replacing the TV Cable box last Saturday, when I made some contacts
    in the 160 Meter Contest the Cable Box kept rebooting whenever I transmitted.

I certainly hope putting the antenna back at its proper height will resolve that problem,
    since I've had no problem like that in the six years we've been at this QTH.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  7. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

I've got several projects in the works. The one I've been working on lately is converting an old 23 channel CB into a 10M QRP CW rig. Main issue right now is building a BFO so I can hear CW signals on this AM-only radio.

KC8YLT likes this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did that project back around 10-12 years ago. Ten Tec had a small BFO kit that I used might still be able to find some info online. Will look around here for the data. Sorry about the small photo.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

KC8YLT likes this.
  9. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome. I have found a few BFO schematics online, but another wouldn't hurt.

That CB looks like the Midland I converted to my 10m beacon years ago. Today, I have a new beacon using a different Midland CB. The one I'm converting to a CW rig is an old 23 channel Cobra 29.

10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it is a Midland which was replaced a few years back with a Radio Shack HTX 100. Just checked and mods dk has the manual and schematic for the Ten Tec.
    1050 BFO Manual and Schematic.zip

https://www.mods.dk/manual.php?brand=ten-tec