ad: wmr-1

Watcha workin on?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK4YWN, Dec 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have so much on my plate right now. Its depressing. But, i ordered some parts today. Ive wanted a preselector for a long time so i am going to build one.

Ive been off the air forever. I listen now and then but dont talk because antenna limitations. After a lot of thought, ive decided to put the rig in the garage and run 30ft of coax out to the back yard where a vertical endfed will be installed- the nearest tree is 45-50ft tall. Hopefully i can get more wire over to another tree, giving me an inverted L.

What are you working on?

WA7PRC likes this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

A small receiving loop antenna. I hooked a small wire loop (30" per side in a diamond shape) to a beverage transformer, tacked it to a piece of PVC pipe, and stood it up in the yard. It has very nice nulls off the sides. I think I have all of $15 tied up in it, and half of that is PVC pipe and fittings at Lowe's prices. ;)

KC8YLT likes this.
  3. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a Lafayette Explor-Air I want to repair and sell. Also have a wooden German tube-type radio I need to recap for my brother. :eek::eek::eek:

KC8YLT likes this.
  4. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

A compressor/limiter/clipper based around the SSM2166 chip. I was lucky to have located a non-surface mount chip for testing!

CompLimClip.jpg

KC8YLT, K3KIC, VK4HAT and 1 other person like this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I "fixed' a recalcitrant 12v power supply that feeds my LED lighting in the shack. Less than a year old, three bulging 330uf@25v caps. Easy-peasy.
    Also prepping up a small 1934 Zenith mantle radio to convert into PayPal Dollars.

6. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

The time machine is coming along nicely. I think I might have posted this reply before in the future, not sure.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    K3EY, K4AGO, KC8YLT and 3 others like this.
  7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What am I not working on is closer to the point :)

I have 3 prototype boards for a 4 band receiver project of my own design and a W7ZIO EMFRD design 40m SSB rig being at JLCPBC being manufactured. The W7ZIO board was laid out by the Bogor Homebrew Radio Community in Indonesia.

robs-receiver.jpg
    IMG_20181205_104103.jpg
    And I am building a YOYOYOYOYOYOYO Indonesian Chant Net 40m QRP rig called the Radio Bebek. That comes with no instructions and board with no part designations on it and part values that disagree with the schematic in lots of places. LOL its a build for the brave and the stupid alike.I have the audio stages working and tonight i will tackle the LSB BFO and if I have time the RF pre-amp.

And I have eleventeen other things on the go, but these are the main two.

KC8YLT, K3KIC and KC8VWM like this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Working on a couple of projects. A Drake 2C that is working fine has one weak tube will replace the electrolytics with new from Hayseed Hamfest. Will get a good clean-up and waxing and not decided about taking the cabinet down to bare metal and refinishing or doing an overspray, it's in rather nice shape.

The other project having some real fun with is the Heathkit VF-1 VFO which was taken down to bare metal (cabinet & front panel) and refinished to match as closely as possible the Drake 2NT and 2C. Still a work in progress borrowed the 2C knobs for the photo waiting on white lettering and red pinstriping for the white area around the dial window.
    DSC02684.JPG DSC02651.JPG DSC02682.JPG

KC8YLT, KC9YGN, K3KIC and 5 others like this.
  9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Wow that's nice...

K3XR likes this.
  10. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Learned Shift registers, because, that's how the FT-857D PA board is controlled. I can now command whatever I want of it, even if it's wrong....
    I started with an Arduino Uno, some LEDs, resistors & some 4094s. Got it to do what I wanted (By LED indication). This weekend, I will test with LimeSDR USB & Udoo X86 Ultra. I'm getting closer.....

Ed

KC9YGN and KC8VWM like this.