Watch This

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KL7AJ, May 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

yes but the ingenuity it took to create them makes them attractive. It's kinda like "She's ugly but boy can she cook":)

2. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if it would load up on 160m?

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

NO doubt about it. And on 630 meters and 2200 meters. :)

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

K9ASE likes this.
  5. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

In the early 80s the was a call at the carpenters local in Santa Rosa [ about 50 miles north ] for the Golden Gate , I had the lowest number on the list , and held up the call-out , because I wanted to know what carpenters were doing on the Golden Gate , many others were getting excited while I was asking .
    It turns out the job was scaffolding for the painters , scaffolding was in the carpenter union .
    I turned it down , because it sounded boring , the others thought I was nuts , they said it was a life-time-job , they start to sandblast & paint at one end and work there way to the other , then start over .
    It only took a few hours to do a days work , for the carpenters / scaffolding , and we could hang out in San Fransisco , or what ever [ as long as we were there for the few hours a day / on time ] , that sounded even more boring .
    Maybe I was nuts .
    Well the next day the 1st call-out was for Lucas Ranch - George Lucas , I still had the lowest number , so I took that job , last me for 3 1/2 yrs. was best carpenter job I was ever on .

N2EY and K9ASE like this.
  6. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Close. My landlady/roommate's grandfather and his brother worked on the 59th ST/Queensboro bridge. The brother was lost and never seen again. Hi iron, nah. I'll take my old job, thank you.
    Mike N3PM

7. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it shudda been built laying down, then rotated to stand up.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo