ad: elecraft

Watch out for this IDIOT

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WW1SS, Apr 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. WW1SS

WW1SS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Think I'll play him along

Hello,

Thanks for the mail..However,I want you to know that the price is okay by me and as for picking it up that will not be a problem..I will contact an agent that will handle the pick up...So that will not be a problem.... As for the payment i will be paying with Cashier's Check which will be cashed easily...I want you to know that i will be adding shipping money for the Cashier's Check you are going to receive..in which you will deduct your $2500 and send the remaining balance to the agent that will be coming for the pick up at your place.To send it out i will need your full name and address where the Cashier's

Check will be sent to and your phone number...Listed bellow:

1. The full name on the Cashier's Check
    2. Mailing Address to send the Cashier's Check
    3. Contact phone number.

So that the Cashier's Check can be written out in your name and mail to your address..

PS:I will want you to kindly put SOLD on the advert from the placing site..okay, or any interested buyer that mail you,just let them know that it has been sold,so for doing that i will be willing to compensate you with $100.

Hope this is clear to you..

Get back to me asap.

Mr. Paul.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 3:20 AM Steven St Germain

It is available and price is $2500.00

------ Original Message ------
    To: ww1ssradio@gmail.com
    Sent: 4/19/2019 5:39:54 AM
    Subject: Elecraft K3 and P3 Combo

Hello,
    How are you doing today? I will like to know if the Elecraft K3 and P3 Combo,still available for sell.Also the best price for it.get back to me.

Thanks.

Mr.Paul James.

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Scammer already reported using various e-mail addresses:
    Scammer.PNG

BTW to have real fun with such clowns it's cool to add stuff like: "I know the price seems high but this one has the Divariable Stargazer Module installed, and that was an expensive option" and see what he replies.

VE1DDD, WD4IGX, KE0TNL and 2 others like this.
  3. W0AQ

W0AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Strange, my post is moderated.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

ALL posts in this sub-forum are moderated

Dave
    W7UUU

KB3VWG, W0AQ and K3XR like this.
  5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

He is willing to pay THAT MUCH? even pay for somebody to pick up, Even though everybody knows that the oscillation overthruster is the preferred option for that model!!

AC0GT, KE0TNL and WA4CZD like this.
  6. W0AQ

W0AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Copy. Thanks for responding.

7. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does this model Elecraft K3 and P3 Combo have the III speed smoke shift phase angle converter?

I had a very similar scammer reply to a CL ad I posted

8. W8LV

W8LV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The IFF Option which you most certainly already have for this radio if you are anybody EASILY adds another $125 to the price, especially since it's the MOBILE IFF Module with the LID Discriminator. Raytheon only made a run of less than a thousand of them. Did you also purchase the aftermarket Squint Angle Detector with the Direct Anderson Powerpole connections? Another 75 bucks right there. The OTH Backscatter model didn't come out until years later, as they tried to catch up to the other manufacturers who already offered this. Perhaps the Potential Buyer ALREADY HAS one or more of these modules. You might make an inquiry and get back to us here...

N1FMV and KA0HCP like this.
  9. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Offer him a pristine Turbo Encabulator to go with it.

Some of these are just so a) bizarre and b) poorly written, in something that is almost, but not quite, completely unlike English, that it's hard to believe they ever successfully take anyone in (others of course have been very slick and harder to spot.) But even the hacks like this guy must succeed some or they would't keep doing it.

10. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

American English as first language people don't say "advert".