Watch for Alan Featherstone

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by VA3QR, Nov 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. VA3QR

VA3QR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Guy with the e-mail address alanfeathestone16@gmail.com tried to get me. Says he's cleaning out his brother's estate, can't give his callsign, and photos of the gear are obvious downloads.

Be careful out there. 73!

KB3HAA and KC0BIN like this.
  2. KC0BIN

KC0BIN Ham Member QRZ Page

I gotta wonder about the mentality of these Asshat Scammers ........they don't seem to be put off by having their game exposed for all to see!

Ol' Alan just shot me a reply to my WANTED for a 6m yagi, and rolled out the exact same carpet for me as he did to you! Same email, same spiel. Feh.

Ego the size of a royal palace, has to be. And he needs to perfect his syntax, too.

Thanks for the warning Phil!!

TNX&73
    Rob

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

As soon as you get these types of emails use spamcop.net to report and get it shutdown.

KC0BIN likes this.
  4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Mike,

Reporting the scammers to spamcop won't do any good.

The scammers aren't generating UNSOLICITED BULK MAIL which is what spamcop's intended purpose is.

https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/125.html

KF5RRF likes this.
  5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

6. N8DAH

N8DAH Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got one today never sent him a msg. Screams scam right off the bat, and now I know it is since I found this post.
    Same email as op said.
    Good looking out
    David
    N8DAH

KC0BIN likes this.
  7. W9FTV

W9FTV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KC0BIN and WR2E like this.
  8. KB3HAA

KB3HAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got an e-mail from our "Friend" al, I replied "Nice try." C'mon someone out there must have an NC-77X layin' around. 73 de KB3HAA