Washington State distracted driving law?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KB7KJY, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am wanting to do the skid pad training!(I do it every winter lol) Really I am waiting for them to require helmets for cars since most people who die in crashes are from head injuries. That sounds like something Olympia would do.

K0UO likes this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What the hick is skid pad training?

3. KC7JNJ

It is where they put you on this big cement pad like maybe part of an old runway. They soak it all down with water and a foam so you can practice in a car when it is spinning and slipping around. Look it up on youtube lots of videos.

4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So is it a requirement for a driving test in Washington State?

5. KC7JNJ

No no no... K6CPO was talking about real driver training. Not just the basic drivers education we get. (which is really no training) So I was sort of joking that I would be willing to take skid pad training. (Something I already know how to do) I wish it was part of the training. We have so many folks that move here or get their licenses that have no clue what to do in a slide or skid.

WJ4U and K0UO like this.
  6. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Used to live near Summit Point WV and the local line was kids need to complete several laps before even considering a driver's test. Much safer on the track than the streets these days.

KC7JNJ likes this.