Washington State distracted driving law?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KB7KJY, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. W7JSM

W7JSM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

While i live washington state. I did here on a radio talk show interviewing the state dot person. Which basically statedham radio was not included. Honestly wa state has more laws than they can ever enforce. See cell phones to ears everyother car on freeway. I use ham all the time

KO4ESA and K0UO like this.
  2. KC1DR

KC1DR Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with that attitude, and that goes for a number of other subjects.

KO4ESA likes this.
  3. KC1DR

Wow! Somebody needs a hug!

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Starting a thread on a worldwide forum is a good place to be sure only those from Washington respond. :D

KO4ESA likes this.
  5. AL7AQ

AL7AQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually it wasn’t any folks in CT that helped write the Twoway Radio Exemption… It was the Taxi, Police, EMS, and Public Works Departments, plus the Hams, that told the Legislators what to write into the Statute… I was there..

KO4ESA likes this.
  6. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

Right there is a true distraction.

WJ4U likes this.
  7. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Government has totally screwed it up when it comes to highway safety. Over the years, they've attempted to make safer vehicles by mandating things like seat belts, air bags, shock absorbing bumpers, lane alerts, etc., etc. They've also tried to make safer highways with better guard rails, rumble strips and the dots and reflectors between lanes. What they should be doing is making better, safer DRIVERS. If this happens, everything will fall into place. The driver education system in the US is a joke. New drivers at age 16 (too young, in my opinion) just aren't ready for the volume of traffic on our streets and highways. And once they get out on the road, there is no further training mandated for the rest of their driving career. There are the senior driving courses offered by the likes of AAA but those are voluntary and most take them for the promised insurance discount.

There should be required refresher training every 10-15 years. If you don't take the training, you can't renew your license. For most of my life, I was an OK driver with no accidents and very few tickets. When I started riding motorcycles in my 30's, I enrolled in motorcycle safety training even though it wasn't required. Part of this was driven because I needed the training to be able ride on a military base, but mostly it was the smart thing to do. I no longer ride, but the training I took made me a better car driver. It taught me things I never learned in the driver education/driver training classes in school. Periodic refresher training should be required for all drivers.

G0CIQ and KO4ESA like this.
  8. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Not a ham.

4c10afa98f658764231f96e01f5ec077[1].jpeg

9. W7JSM

W7JSM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have another Starbucks don't think your full yet. Get a life ! Troll

10. KC1DR

Thank you very much for your advice!