ad: AlphaRF-1

Washington State distracted driving law?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KB7KJY, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, understood, but you do realize that would be like 1 in a million? I have a lot of anxiety but losing a friend to an errant ham is not one of them. More likely some babe putting on her makeup while cruising at 60mph.

K0UO likes this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok no more mobiles, I guess that includes about 1/4 of the handhelds also in that mobile category.

So, can I still use my aeronautical mobiles?

3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, MORE likely than losing a life due to someone using ham radio UNNECESSARILY.
    That is a NECESSARY usage. Ham radio ragchewing while in motion isn't.

4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have ham radio both HF and VHF equipment in two planes, that's what I was referring and asking about?

I'm already taking ham equipment out of my four vehicles!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Wow! Why on earth would you say such an insulting thing about your own wife and children? You surely cannot be serious....

Dave
    W7UUU

K0UO likes this.
  6. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

"Does anyone have any information regarding what is allowed and what is not?"

Just a friendly reminder what was the original request.

In retrospect it seems that it was not a serious question after all.

The way I SEE IT , the original poster wanted confirmation on his conviction that he has a right to operate amateur radio in state of Washington while driving.

It does not matter what law or public state / think , he has made up his mind - or as somebody put it very bluntly - "lives in the Nile " .

I bet it he is parked behind me on intersection waiting for a green light - he will lean on his horn if I do not lay rubber in less than 100mS.

BTW
    How is DX?
    was a rhetorical question and my feeble attempt to get this discussion off the dime.

However, despite OP one track mind, I find this discussion thread was / is very educational since it restored my faith in majority of amateur radio operators as OK guys or girls I do not feel threaten by while on the road.

73 Shirley

K0UO likes this.
  7. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Get yourself a sense of humor. It was to make a point that it takes ZERO knowledge of radio to get a ham license. You are not even required to know how to spell radio or ham. My wife and kids looked at the test pool questions for couple of hours a night for two days and passed. FWIW my Wife and Daughter are doctors, and my Son is an engineer now running my design build firm. They are smart, but dunno chit about radio and could care less about learning anything other than PTT

K0UO likes this.
  8. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting post, if one cares he /she woudl like to know to WHOM it was addressed.
    However - since it is way out of the ballpark / off the topic WHY should ANYBODY care about such detail anyway.

How is DX?

9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

If you didn't have so many people on ignore, you might know the answer to that already.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No kidding! I can see using "ignore" for the really out-there sorts.

But Shirley probably has 90% of the board on "ignore". Anyone who ever once had a differing opinion on one of his rants gets plonked.

Just stupid, IMO

I have NO ONE on ignore because I know how to "ignore people" the old fashioned way ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    WR2E likes this.