Warning

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA2FSO, Dec 8, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. WA2FSO

WA2FSO Ham Member QRZ Page

email i recieved:

I'm putting my FT-891 up for sale with the remote kit and the Diamond K400 3/8-24 mount. The radio has no transmit time because I installed it and never connected an antenna to it. I was going to use this radio as a mobile HF rig, but I've since gone in a different direction with my build, so I'm trying to reimburse myself accordingly.

I have the radio itself and the separation kit. Everything has been put back in its respective box and is ready to be shipped. The mount was installed as a dry fit for 1 hour to see how I felt about it. It is also in its original package.

Again, this radio has never seen transmit time, so it's as if it's brand new! As with all other sellers, I have to sell as-is because I don't want to get a radio back that has parts and pieces swapped or missing.

With everything, the price is $425 shipped. If you're local, I'd be willing to meet. Not looking for any trades.(K1DPD)

The truth?
    LAWRENCE BARTLETT Obituary - Norwalk, Connecticut | Legacy.com

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/lawrence-bartlett-obituary?pid=159073483

"Ted" had a General Class Amateur Radio License, his Call Sign was K1DPD K1DPD Silent Key 73 K2HAT. Lee Hatfield Jr. August 11, 2012 | Rensselaer, NY. 0.

W1TRY likes this.
  2. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

He would be willing to meet you with the radio, he says? Tell him OK will have cash in front of the police station, show me the radio!

KB3VWG likes this.
  3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

...not to mention that the licence is expired.

The "If you're local, I'd be willing to meet. " is just a smoke screen, meant to assure people that will use the mail.

Anyone wanting to actually meet will be told the radio has been sold.

N9TSL, K4AGO and KP4SX like this.
  4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page