WARNING

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by M0ZCW, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. M0ZCW

M0ZCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone receiving an E-Mail from (smithpete888@gmail.com) trying to sell you anything at all , be warned its a scam
    It seems my details have been lifted from this site .I had no problems until I posted a want add here.
    As you can guess I am most DIS-CHUFFED (that's English for P@#@d off)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  2. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

You posted your e-mail address in that want ad, didn't you? In a perfect world, that would be the thing to do, but that was scammer bait.

May I suggest (to everyone) saying something like "If interested, please reply via this thread, e-mail, or PM" when posting ANY thread. That way, only registered hams can reply to you. That will put a layer of protection between you and the scammers.

And may I suggest to the QRZ staff that this advice be made a permanent part of the ad posting guidelines. :)

3. WA6YRL

WA6YRL Ham Member QRZ Page

In reguards to your warning. I received a email on the 5th of March about a book you had for sale. I replyed to it saying I was interested then I came across the warning so I not sure if I am communicating with you or who ever got your info. If I am talking to you then your price is to high so I guess I'll have to keep looking. Please let me know if I am emailing the correct person.

4. M0ZCW

No it is not me! A nasty twist to this ongoing saga is I have had a visit from the Police regarding a compliant from your side of the pond about selling him goods, having him pay by Western Union and not sending him the goods I may well be investigated by Trading Standards. .
    I have now gone from dis-chuffed to Bloody ballistic, I may well have some unpleasant traits but a thief is not one of them .As a result of this i will no longer buy or sell anything To the U.S.A.

5. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, that's up to you, but the scammer was likely not even in North America. My guess is Africa or Asia.

6. M0ZCW

True, but the compliant was and I now have deal with the end result of his stupidity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.