WARNING: Windows 10 Incompatible with FLDIGI

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KE0EYJ, Jul 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too. What's up with these geezers? I'm waiting to hear "Hey you kids, get offa my lawn!"

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought it would be "Hey you kids, get off my frequency!" :rolleyes:

"The Preparation H net is about to start." :oops:

N4AAB and K2CQW like this.
  3. N2CTI

N2CTI Ham Member QRZ Page

Fldigi was a problem for me and my FT-847 and the Buxcomm GLX interface. No audio input from the USB soundcard.
    I'll take this opportunity to tout the virtues of MultiPSK. It works fine with the 847 and GLX. It will also hook up to one of those SDR dongles.
    MultiPSK does many more modes than Fldigi including packet and APRS, JT-65, even ACARS and ADS-B. It has a satellite mode that I haven't got around to trying yet. It's free for downloading and for a very small fee (about $20, I think) you can register it and several functions that time out on the free version will work full time. The user interface isn't pretty, very cluttered. But once you get past that you realize how powerful the program is for doing almost any digital mode. Try the free version for a while, you may find that it does what you want it to do without registering.
    Another plus is it doesn't need special DLL's because the author of the software has written his own.

Ed N2CTI

"He's dead, Jim. You take his tricorder and I'll get his wallet."

4. KD0QG

KD0QG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fldigi works on win 10 for me except -no waterfall-.. But Digipan is lighter and easier for just casual qso for me and works well on an old boat anchor XP.. .73..
    But I am getting an error message when Fldigi loads..- upload_2019-10-23_15-10-39.png

5. KD0QG

Getting error message when loading Fldigi on win 10 but works fine except -no waterfall-.. But for my mostly casual qso's, Digipan is lighter and easier and works well with an old boat anchor XP.. upload_2019-10-23_15-16-30.png

6. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a winfldigi io.group available. If you join the group, they might be able to help. I have been running Windows 10 for a few years now and never had a problem with any of the digital mode software.

KD0QG likes this.
  7. KD0QG

Tnx for the info group on Flgigi..73..

8. N1LOU

N1LOU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would provide an updated data point. I am running FLdigi 4.1.08 on Windows 10 home, and it is flawless.