ad: Alphaant-1

Warning this guy is a crook, never sent the kantronics - PATRICIO RUIZTAGLE- KM6TCC

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K7RHT, Aug 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems odd to me that the alleged scammer has his own domain name.

Maybe that's another tactic that they've started using?

If @K7RHT posted his email address in the ad and a scummer was able to see that, the scummer could still contact him 'off list' I think.

I believe one of the new rules is no email addresses in the swapmeet listings, but could be wrong about that. It should be a 'given' that email addresses are not visible unless registered and verified.

2. KB1AWM

KB1AWM Ham Member QRZ Page

As of today, he has sent me a tracking number that has been accepted by USPS for a 24lb package. It will be in on Wednesday the 21st. I will be opening it up on video and plugging it into a dummy load / wattmeter right away. I do have a case open with Paypal, which I can update to a claim if needed. If the radio comes in and is fine, I will be the first to apologize to the seller. Stuff really does hit the fan sometimes and I can forgive him for that. We will wait and see.

KA2FIR, NG0L and KJ4VTH like this.
  3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope it's not bricks! or bricked! ;)

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

@K7RHT Any news? Ad was just updated as Sold.

5. KB1AWM

I hope everything is okay. It sucks to get ripped off, but this rig is for my 15 year old who just got his ticket and spent his life savings on it.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As long as you didn't use Paypal "Friends and Family" his life savings will be refunded

If you in fact used F&F, you'll never see your money again

Dave
    W7UUU

KA2FIR likes this.
  7. KB1AWM

Used goods and services.

KA2FIR and WR2E like this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So file a claim!!!

Dave
    W7UUU

KA2FIR likes this.
  9. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

9253165585 is a T-Mobile number. Email @tmomail.net. If this doesn't turn out well I wonder what he used for ID.

10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page