ad: KF7PMW-1

WARNING:SCAMMER

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N0DZV, Apr 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N0DZV

N0DZV Ham Member QRZ Page

Warning:
    A scammer is using my callsign
    N0DZV and name to solicit items to potential buyers.
    watch-out for this bung hole!

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Note, no scammer is using your call sign on QRZ's pages. You should mention that this is happening on OTHER websites, not QRZ.

I see also that you're not using our Two Factor Authentication. Why not? Even if a hacker has your password, 2FA will keep them out.

See https://www.qrz.com/manager to enroll in Two Factor Authentication. It's free.

73, -fred

KE4AMQ likes this.
  3. N0DZV

According to the persons that contacted me within 24hrs.The scammer must be watching replies from other QRZ posts, and contacting them using my call and name. The scammer is using email address that is not mine

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You should put your actual email address on your QRZ page. Scammers won't use your ID if there's a verifiable way to contact you. They purposely choose people who don't do this.
    Also a note in your bio about the scam would be helpful because most people look up who they are dealing with.

K7MH, K8MH and K3XR like this.
  5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

You have just described how the "Unsolicited Email Scam" works, facilitated by hams who do not post an email address on their QRZ callsign page. You need to do what KP4SX said. Please post here the email the scammer is using so we can all be aware and also report it to "abuse@gmail.com" for example.

NZ4X and K8MH like this.
  6. AJ4GQ

He hasn't added his email or a disclaimer to his QRZ page but he did post this on a club swapsite:
    Contact N0DZV by SMS text to (402) 669-1289 or by email n0dzv(at)yahoo.com
    Some people just don't seem to get it.

KP4SX likes this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When people don't take the advice you have to wonder if its the scammer himself creating some sort of diversion.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  8. AJ4GQ

You have a point. Perhaps this situation could also be explained by Hanlon's razor. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

9. N0DZV

KP4SX and AJ4GQ...assuming I am a scammer!...real nice guys..."stupidity is forever, but ignorance can be fixed"
    I entered scammer info on my bio and set up 2 factor.
    And yes, I did contact GOOGLE about the abuse.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

If you want to read it that way, but they didn't 'assume' anything, they were merely pondering if it was possible...

But you did finally take the advice, so fuggettaboudit.

AJ4GQ likes this.