WARNING - scammer using call sign for K4ZVY SCAM ALERT!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K7HN, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K7HN

K7HN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I Purchased a Yaesu FTDX 5000 through this ham.

We agreed to all terms including shipping. The rig was to be shipped out immediately with three day shipping.

Danny after receiving my money, told me that he couldn’t ship the radio out that morning because he was “really busy.” And it would have to wait four more days to ship because he “didn’t like to ship on weekends.”

I told him that was unacceptable and the rig needs to be sent out per our agreement right away.

It was reported to have been shipped with the company that has no email and no phone number to contact. “Tracking information“ is pure garbage. You can’t really track the package at all and you can’t contact the company.

Thankfully, I didn’t use friends and family PayPal. The funds are now being held in escrow until I receive the rig or he refund my money which he has 10 business days to perform. If he does send the rig, it has to work as advertised if he doesn’t, the money is mine again.

This is a great example to all amateur operators to never use “friends and family” PayPal. if I had used friends and family, I wouldn’t be protected whatsoever.

By the way… Still waiting for the rig.

My advice is never do business with this Danny, K4ZVY. He doesn’t follow through. And then when you try to find out what’s going on with your rig, the guy says you’re just “nagging him.“. I don’t know where the rig is but I at least know the date I’ll get my money back!

Larry
    K7HN

N3AB likes this.
  2. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

@K4ZVY hasn't been seen here since 2010. Where was the rig advertised for sale?

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As pointed out above, the target of this post, K4ZVY, has not been seen or logged in to QRZ for almost a DECADE.

Someone is most surely faking this call sign for this scam and it very likely has nothing to do with the real K4ZVY

Dave
    W7UUU

4. K7HN

Thank you for adding that Dave. It is always good to let everyone know about a call sign going out however that is scamming people. I certainly would have no idea he hadn’t logged into QRZ for almost a decade would I?

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

just look up his user name - it’s that simple. Shows a user’s last login - in this case 2010

but thanks for the heads-up about a faker using his ID!!

very much appreciated by all here and good info indeed

Dave
    W7UUU

N0TZU likes this.
  6. K7HN

thank you Dave for being a part of QRZ. It’s my favorite place to go on for ham site information. If you don’t mind, I’d sure like to use your comment to PayPal tomorrow to try and have them hopefully speed up my refund.

N0TZU likes this.
  7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Specifically, at the very top of the forums page (under the "QRZ.com"), select the Members tab, then on the right hand side of that page is a "Find Member" search box to look up a member profile. Their last login is listed near the top of the resulting page.

(The main callsign lookup at the top of every QRZ page doesn't have their last login.)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  8. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

@K7HN did this guy answer your wanted ad for the FTDX-5000? Where exactly did you make contact with him? Thanks.

9. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

That probably is what happened and neither the buyer nor the scammer (of course) followed the Wanted Forum Rules, specifically, " Prospective sellers MUST contact you using Private Messaging (PM)." Following that rule will eliminate 99.4% of scammer responses to Wanted ads.
    The discouraging thing is this buyer says he has been scammed before. https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/scammer-k3ma-john.671059/

KA0HCP and NZ4X like this.
  10. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sometimes you just gotta ask yourself:

Would an inactive Technician class op be likely to own a $3800 HF rig???

KA2FIR, AJ4GQ, N0TZU and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.