Warning - Radioswap Ltd (Anytone 878)

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by M6NBP, Nov 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
  1. M6NBP

M6NBP Ham Member QRZ Page

Radioswap Ltd (Anytone 878)
    Is back with more dirty tricks to hold on to his Monopoly in the UK.
    He has a video out on Facebook saying other outlets will not be selling the UK official version. ROFL
    The other UK outlets have sourced the radios away from Radioswap and they will be 100% the same radios.

Below is a copy of the email I was sent when I asked about other outlets in the UK wanting to buy the Anytone 878
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Norman,

Good day.

Are you a radio dealer in UK? Seems I can not find your company information.
    Currently we have exclusive dealer Radioswap in UK for the AT-D878UV, if you agree, I will transfer your email to Radioswap and ask him to provide you a good price.

Please let me know your idea, thanks.

Best regards,
    Echo
    Qixiang Electron Science & Technology CO., Ltd.
    Tel: +86-595-22656926
    Fax: +86-595-22656927

---------------------------------------------------

Moonraker will be selling this radio if anyone is looking to get one and from a reliable dealer we can all trust.
    https://www.moonraker.eu/anytone-at-d878uv-dmr-hand-held

---------------------------------------------------
    Fell free to share and let other know what is going on.

2. G0FVT

G0FVT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have just bought one of these radios from Radioswap, almost exactly the same price as other UK vendors. The email you received from the manufacturers suggests that at one time they did have an exclusive dealership arrangement so perhaps that would justify claims in the video (which I don't think I have yet seen). Over the years I have bought quite a few items from most of the UK dealers, never a problem or a warranty claim. Radioswap emailed a number of times keeping me informed of the progress with the order which arrived with me just a few days later, the radio had a codeplug and was ready to go which suggests a level of customer care. I stumbled across your post while my radio was still in transit and it made me quite wary, so far though I am happy with the radio and the supplier. If I understand the current Moonraker advert correctly theirs also comes with a codeplug but no earpiece or spare battery at a price that is just 4p less, although if I bought the Radioswap one from Amazon the price would actually be identical. I don't have any affiliation with any of the dealers but it certainly appears that Radioswap didn't rip me off.

3. G0FVT

G0FVT Ham Member QRZ Page

As an addition to my previous post 3 friends have since bought Anytone 878UVs from the same outlet, each has had a problem free purchase, each radio has arrived with the users DMR ID programmed in (when they provided the info) and a pretty comprehensive UK codeplug to get them going.

2E0EUG likes this.