Warning - Person Posing as Peter H Quach, KI7JCW, just scammed me out of $485

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WV4M, Oct 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD9FRR

KD9FRR Ham Member QRZ Page

WARNING

I was just contacted by this person offering to sell me a KX3. All the information that WV4M listed in his original post matches.

Thanks WV4M for saving me from being a victim as well.

Fred KD9FRR

2. KI7JCW

KI7JCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey thanks for sending me the mail about the scam. I wanted to let everyone know that I don't use my callsign let alone use my license for anything. I got my license for a grade in my class. If you see anything for sale using my callsign, it's not me. Sorry about that

VE4AI likes this.
  3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Peter, put this statement in your qrz bio page.

N6QIC likes this.
  4. W2RUN

W2RUN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just noticed a new ad from the scammer posted over at QTH.com trying to sell a KX3.

VE4AI likes this.
  5. KD8ROG

KD8ROG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He just tried to scam me out of $875 for an IC7300, thank God for your post here and on Facebook, saved my ass...he wanted me to pay friends and family on PayPal..... friends and family option removes PayPal Protections! He is using the Address listed above! Beware!

6. VE4AI

VE4AI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for posting this. Kelvin, the useless idiot, just emailed me trying to scam me for a FT530, as I had posted I was looking for one in another thread.

It pays to do a Google search before replying to unsolicited emails, folks :)

7. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The best rule is to never ever click or reply to any unsolicited email or message, no mater how good it looks or sounds.

In my opinion, the folks posting wanted adds are just asking to get ripped off, it happens here every day. The scammers are professionals and are very good at what they are doing.

If they don't get you today they will get someone else. All you need to do is just sit back for a few days and watch the posts here. It is the same thing over and over again and again.

Good luck to everyone,
    73, Lisa

WB0MPB and KC0BIN like this.
  8. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I tend to agree.
    some people try to "save" a (very) few dollars by using the "friends" option on PayPal.

Perhaps it's just karma.

N6QIC likes this.
  9. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you report him?

10. KD7DFV

KD7DFV Ham Member QRZ Page

One additional note! It is expressly forbidden to use Friends & Family for transactions on QRZ.