ad: elecraft

Warning - Person Posing as Peter H Quach, KI7JCW, just scammed me out of $485

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WV4M, Oct 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the first things when making a purchase is going to the individuals QRZ page to compare the information there with what is known so far from the advertisement for the gear and any email or other communications if there is any conflict at all it should send up a red flag.

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

There needs to be a sticky in this forum labelled "NEVER USE PAYPAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY!"

KK5JY, KJ4VTH, WB0MPB and 1 other person like this.
  3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Like I said in another thread I was reading and learned something I did not realize about "friends and family".
    Here is what I posted there about not using F&F to buy anything.....................................
    Just an FYI to everyone I just read the rules in the Paypal User Agreement and it says ""You may not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods and services."" So if you are using it (F&F) to buy something even from your mom it is against the rules that the Paypal user agreed to when they signed up for Paypal.
    Paypal.jpg
    I did not know that until now that "friends and family" is just to send money and not for buying something from a friend or family member.

John, WB0MPB

4. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Subscriber QRZ Page

Or you could use their call-sign to check their activity on QRZ forums.

Unfortunately QRZ allows unlicensed people to use expired calls as their screen names.

Oh well.

gregW:) OH2FFY

K3XR likes this.
  5. N7ROW

N7ROW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thats good to know. He scammed me too last Sunday after apparently trolling through QRZ Swap forum and looking for WTB ads for which I had one. He then emailed me seperately and agreed to use Paypal for which I sent the funds and Paypal emailed me back I had just sent funds to a michaellewis197012@gmail.com. Peter H. Quach using KI7JCW@gmail.com as email address. So where is the real KI7JCW of Tuscon, Az? PAypal says I have to wait 30 days for arbitration to get my money back.

6. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

This scammer has been busy. I reported the scam to PayPal before PayPal gave him the funds. PayPal said I have up to 9 business days for a resolution. They did not guarantee to return my money but I think they will. They have the money and aren't giving it to the scammer, they are just drawing interest on my money.

7. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

I mailed a letter to KI7JCW in Arizona to let him know some scammer was using his callsign and name in scams. Hopefully he will put his email on the QRZ.com website. Right now there is no email, but this is what the scammers are looking for. Hams with no email address so you cannot ask them if they are for real.

8. N7ROW

N7ROW Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried calling KI7JCW at the Tuscon address (520 Calle) where there were 2 numbers listed - but they were disconnected.

9. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Why are there so many bad people in this world?

Glen I can understand, but what about the others?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

WR2E likes this.
  10. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

PayPal just gave me my money back! Case closed.

N0TZU and N2UHC like this.