ad: M2Ant-1

Warning - Person Posing as Peter H Quach, KI7JCW, just scammed me out of $485

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WV4M, Oct 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

Waring. I was contacted by someone I believe was using another ham's callsign and name, KI7JCW - Peter H Quach. His real name is Kelvin Hoskinson and he uses a PayPal email of ki7jcw.p@outlook.com. His communication email was ki7jcw@gmail.com. I just called PayPal to put a hold on the funds and am now contacting my bank. Hopefully I can stop this money from getting to this fraudster. He was selling an Elecraft KXPA100 amplifier and got my interest from a previous ad on QRZ.com. He contacted me by email with his offer. I should have been suspicious from the start.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hoping you didn't pay by "Friends and Family" did you?

Dave
    W7UUU

3. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

I did but PayPal is going to help me on this one. They have put a hold on the transaction. I still have to call my bank. Apparently there were several other complaints about this fraudulent person on PayPal, PayPal said he had several "flags".

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you know that?

5. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually the name Kevin Hoskinson could be an alias as well. Who knows. That is the name PayPal has attached to his PayPal account.

6. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

Because Peter H Quach, KI7JCW does not have a email listed on QRZ.com, I am going to send him a letter informing him that someone is using his name and call to scam people. This definitely will not make him very happy.

7. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

I just submitted a complaint with the Federal Government's Internet Crime Complaint Center.

8. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Unbelievable. In what way is a person you have never met in your life in anyway your "friend or family"?? Why did you think you should use "friend or family"? I don't get it at all.
    1-6VLpKKX7oWTbM56mjjAezA.jpeg

9. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, we've all made mistakes. I applaud WV4M and others who are willing to admit they were victims of a scam, in order to warn the rest of us.

KM6NAX and W7UUU like this.
  10. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

The real scammer is likely Kelvin P Hoskinson, age 36, of Jetersville, Virginia. Hey, I live in Virginia.