ad: w5yi

Wanted: TurboTuner-2 ITT-1 Version 5 manual or CI-V config

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by WQ6N, Nov 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WQ6N

WQ6N XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So far I have the version 7 and 4 manuals. Ver 7 has the CI-V as 70H at 19200bd and the Ver 4 is 58H at 300bd. I would like to get version 5 manual, if not, then how about the ICOM Set menu settings?

The tuner is serial 00043 and reports R5 at startup. its also on the chip inside.
    The radio is not talking to the tuner so I dont believe 70H and 19200 is correct for R5.

IC-7200 - TT2 ITT-1 - Tarheel 100A-HP with dip switches 2-4 set for 1000ma

2. WQ6N

Believe that I found it on DocPlayer. Appears that the R5 firmware is different from the R7 CI-V settings:

Prior to operating the TurboTuner-2, there are a few settings on the radio that must be adjusted as shown below:
    Set Tuner Auto Start to OFF.
    Set Tuner PTT Start to OFF.
    Set CI-V Baud Rate to 300.
    Set CI-V Address to 58H.
    Set CI-V Transceive to OFF

3. WQ6N

Small success, at least the IC-7200 is now talking to the older ITT-1 controller.
    The antenna will take off but will not tune. Looking at the SWR meter on the radio shows no reflected power. Something is not right.
    Time to build better common mode chokes and potentially adding a elevated radial or two. Need to keep things simple and easy to break down.
    Verified that manual tuning and control is working.
    I have too many Molex and Anderson power pole junctions. Time to simplify.
    Contacted Tennatronics to see what it would take to update the R5 controller too R7 (if that is possible).
    I do have another later R7 ITT-1 on another mobile (tow car) with a High Sierra and am thinking of swapping the R5 for the R7.
    I would very much like it if I could have the P4 Dragon and ITT-1 on the same CI-V radio buss if possible. The thought of controlling both the radio and antenna via a AirMail bluetooth interface would be great.

4. WQ6N

Received a response from TennaTronics. Upgrade to latest R7 estimated at $40.00.
    I am going to go that route and just be done with the R5 challenges. What is interesting is that the R5 routes the RF through the controller, where as the R7 does not, for the 7000 series radio's. This difference is an easy thing to miss. There is also a LED indicator on the R7 controller that I can not find any documentation as to the purpose.
    I have built common mode chokes using Alan's web site as reference. Same as my other screwdriver installations, so I know it works. Waiting on the 4 pin (2x2) Molex .062 connectors to complete the install.