ad: elecraft

Wanted: 6 pin mini-DIN A/B data switch

Discussion in 'General Merchandise' started by N5BLP, May 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. N5BLP

N5BLP Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone know where I can find an A/B data switch with female 6 pin mini-DIN connectors on the back? I have one I bought about eight years ago. I don't remember where I got it and need another one. I've looked all over the web and can't find one - only 4 pin or 8 pin. There are no manufacturer or source ID's anywhere on the one I have.

Thanks.

Bart N5BLP

2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, I apologise because I have several of those, but they are buried in the storage unit.

Do you have a Fry's or Microcenter nearby? They both carry 6 pin minidin switches.

3. N5BLP

I live in rural Western Pennsylvania. Neither of those stores are anywhere around here. Radio Shack used to be a good source around here for stuff like that (might be where I got it), but they went belly up.

4. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

5. N5BLP

I'm gun-shy about buying on eBay - been burned before. For example, the item you found is from a supplier called "Dalbani Corp". They have a website, but the product is not listed on it, and when I try to call their phone number, I get a recording saying it's not a valid phone number.

6. K4LMP

K4LMP Ham Member QRZ Page

i've bought tons of stuff off ebay. Was scammed one time, and got every penny of my money back. I know the prices are sometimes high on some items, but, there is stuff on there, that you just don't see anywhere else. I have absolutely no fear of using ebay. Just don't spend more than something is worth, and you're fine. Nothing to be scared of.

Edit: I have about 4 of the 6 pin mini din switch boxes, that you want. Every one of them came from ebay, no problems at all.

7. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of people have had bad experiences with eBay.
    Lots of others --like me-- have bought and sold scores of times over the years and never had a problem.

I know nothing about that particular vendor, other than what's in the listing -- including 99.7% positive feedback.

But I didn't post the link to promote that vendor -- just to show that the item you're seeking --that you have been unable to find elsewhere-- can be found on eBay.

If you're not comfortable doing business there, so be it.

Hope you can find what you're seeking elsewhere. ;)