I just got a bug and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. But damn, that thing is fast! At its slowest setting, the dits are around 24 WPM. I began noodling for a solution. The rule was that the solution had to be located within 36" of the key. After 30 seconds or so, I discovered that a female-female UHF coupler fit snugly on the shaft protruding past the damper. I understand that not all models have enough shaft to do this. Mine is a 1990's vintage Original Standard. Adding this weight is an easy way to QRS for ops with a slower fist. This mod appears to give you 16 WPM dits. It's super-easy to switch back and forth. You can also try various adapters, panel jacks, and so on. Have fun! Since then, I went ahead and added the official Vibroplex Vari-Speed, which costs $40 shipped in the US. Also note the paperclip mod (the "ditmeister") which pre-loads the contact spring, making for more succinct dits.