want to make a 6m dipole, need measurements

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by AG3Y, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
  1. AE1X

AE1X Ham Member QRZ Page

I answered his question off the forum. He's local to my QTH. I can contact him directly via 2m FM simplex.

Ken

2. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

It...

3. WA9CWX

WA9CWX Ham Member QRZ Page

ok, ok, let ME see if I understand all this.....

If us OF are going to keep being sarcastic and snotty by not jumping to attention and answering every basic question that anybody who isn't brain dead would be expected to look up for himself....those people aren't going to join the hobby...?
    I am a bad attitude negative person I assume, because I agree that the first several answers were RIGHT on target, by giving direction, but NOT interfering with self learning....They encouraged examination of a BASIC concept, that SHOULD have been in the grab bag of ANY 14 year ham with a GENERAL.....
    I think back to my own times I have wanted to know this stuff and OTHER basics. NO, I do NOT remember ANY formulas, I just know there ARE formulas, what books have them, where those books ARE on the shelves, and that in 5 min I will not only have my answer, but probably run across another little usefull fact or two that pertains to my current project.
    I sure wouldn't waste my mind/ time memorizing formulas I use once every five years, but I sure AS HELL wouldn't waste someone elses time, or interfere with my own fun of re-checking the books and getting some refresher info!
    BTW
    I am thinking that THIS redundant thread is more fun than the code/no code one.
    I am usually so damn politically correct and polite that the few little detours I take here on QRZ are so much FUN...I am NOT an NCT, but I AM Polish...does that entitle me to anything ??
    Just curious.
    Just wanted to post before this thing closes down..... [​IMG]

4. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

You're Polish? Were your parents Johnson & Johnson--or does that rub you the wrong way?

[Just waxing comedic.] [​IMG]

5. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

RE NCT:
    Neither am I...but I once was, so don't say it like it's a dirty thing.

RE: Being Polish
    You may append -ski to your surname at any time you so may desire.

-CPA:

You're thinking Johnski and Johnski...Johnson and Johnson are Norskie names.

Lutefisk anyone?

[​IMG]

6. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

ECI:

The "son" endings can be more likely to be from England and Scotland as from Norway, etc. The "sen" endings are more likely to be from Scandinavia.

Glen, K9STH
    (who's mother was an Anderson - from Scotland, Andersen is from Scandinavia)

7. KC9ECI

My -son came over on the boat in 1911 from Norway.

8. WA9CWX

WA9CWX Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I will end my QSOs with...

Dit Ditski....

I am not sure how to do that yet.

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Now, if everyone would just learn to use the code, none of this would have been necessary.

10. KC9ECI

Did that. I'm working on learning to copy PSK31 by ear now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.