want to make a 6m dipole, need measurements

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by AG3Y, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. mcjim555

mcjim555 Banned

WIK, question for you if you don't mind. since it's for a beacon, why couldn't the 1WL-Loop be layed down flat to get omni-directional coverage instead of favoring two directions, and if it was horizontally polarized wouldn't that be better for the longer distances or E-Skip. I myself am trying to learn the theory of diferent antennas and what works best, hope this question doesn't seem to ignorant hi hi, "serious question though". 73 Jim   [​IMG]    [​IMG]

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

mcjim555, I was referring to a horizontal loop.

There is absolutely no reason to use a 6m vertically polarized loop unless you want a bidirectional antenna for repeater work.

A horizontally polarized loop is a better choice for a beacon, and this is what I was discussing.

WB2WIK/6

3. mcjim555

mcjim555 Banned

OK WIK, I didn't realize that, thanks for the clarification. 73 Jim [​IMG]

4. NCHams

NCHams Banned

They have in the ARRL Licence Books too. It should have it right in their for all antennas and the freq's. Good Luck, Mark [​IMG]

5. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Or a fractalized mobile DDRR, disguised as a cartop rack?
    [​IMG]

6. K6PME

K6PME Ham Member QRZ Page

I was wondering where my ex-wife moved to. Oh, wait, wrong age.

But it does make one wonder what is REALLY taught in those schools.

7. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

And..I found out a few years ago, if you ask a high school math teacher how to extract a square root, the answer is, "use a calculator."

I remember learning a technique similar to long division for working out such roots longhand. Sure, it was time consuming, but answers were accurate, and you didn't have to worry about battery vitality.

8. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

I notice that this simple question about building a dipole has now gone over 14 pages ! I had the 1st word, do you think I could have the LAST ? ! ? ! [​IMG]

73, Jim

9. KA3RFE

KA3RFE QRZ Member QRZ Page

Okay....

10. KE7ENC

KE7ENC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.