Waiting.........

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by K0MBT, Jan 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can watch for your call sign to be uploaded to the database here in the FCC daily logs.
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/daily-fcc-log.87/

2. KD5ZEN

KD5ZEN Ham Member QRZ Page

As of this morning my callsign was granted by FCC - KG5YAD!

I requested it to be added to QRZ, as I thought that was the process. They wanted a copy of my driver's license, which I thought was strange since there is nothing on there that ties me to the callsign other than my name. Also, it contains information considered personally identifiable information (PII) by most state privacy laws. Anyway, I blurred out all the details and sent it to them - I'm confirmed. They then said it automatically gets added to the database in a couple of days.

N6QIC, W4POT, KU4X and 1 other person like this.
  3. N6QIC

Your call sign is now in the QRZ Callsign Database:
    https://www.qrz.com/db/KG5YAD

Logout and then login again to change "QRZ Member" to "HamMember".

4. KD5ZEN

_Dave,

Any update on your end? Can’t be much longer.

5. K0MBT

K0MBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah I got my call sign last week. I have not decided if I want to update to the full membership. I have a baofeng and contacted a repeater 18 miles away. Had to be out in the pasture, as it wouldn't connect inside my metal house.

6. N6QIC

Your new call sign will be added to the QRZ database whether you want it there or not. Full membership has nothing to do with you being able to access your free account on QRZ.

But no matter what you decide you will still need to have your username changed to your new call sign as Jason has done, to have full access to the site.

Welcome to ham radio and QRZ.
    73, Lisa

7. K0MBT

K0MBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi again Lisa and Zen
    I sure do not understand why the owner of this website wants confirmation via my drivers license.
    If they have my call sign already, it seems way too intrusive.
    Blessings

N6QIC likes this.
  8. KD5ZEN

I didn't understand it either since it doesn't prove anything and only serves to make them custodians of personally identifiable information that must be protected per state, U.S. and foreign privacy laws. I just blurred out all my data and left my name and photo. That seemed to suffice. I am surprised more people are not opposed to this practice, but I suppose everyone can make their own choices.

N6QIC likes this.
  9. N6QIC

I have never heard of that. A drivers license has never been required to change your username to your call sign. Who is asking you for a drivers license, Julio?

Open a support ticket and ask them to change your username to your call sign through the support center. https://ssl.qrz.com/support
    I would never post or send a copy of my drivers license to anyone for any reason.

73, Lisa

10. N6QIC

If QRZ needs verification that it is really you, I would send a copy of your Certificates of Completion (CSCE). You and the FCC will be the only ones with this certificate that has your name on it.

CSCE_Sample.jpg

Boy what a way to get started in ham radio, sorry you are having so much trouble.

Good Luck to you,
    73, Lisa