WA6MHZ as W1AW/6

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by KC9UDX, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Doing pretty good on PSK31 now

2. WA6MHZ

And my Kilowatt is getting a break!!

3. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Just bagged Pat on 15 meters while he was working JAs. Got him off the back of his beam during a moment when he wasn't too busy with the JAs. Good DX, Pat!!

4. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Big JA pileup on 21300.
    W1AW/6 with WA6MHZ in the seat is Rockin' and Rollin' into Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka.......

5. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm glad I got him this morning then

6. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh yeah, Tom. By his second shift he had a HUGE signal here even off the back. And when he rotated around and looked at the East Coast he was 40 over 9 here. Even though he had the JAs piled up he still remembered the mere mortals here in the USA. What a guy !

7. WA6MHZ

My rotator was really worked hard. I am supposed to be on 75 SSB right now, but I listenned there and it is KAPUT!
    It won't be worth working until my shift is about over. Cellphone battery is dead and my charger is at WORK!! So I may hafta make an emergency run to pick it up, which will cut out contacts. Not much SSB tomorrow. Mostly RTTY and I am having a hard time generating interest in that. More excitement about PSK31. The computer crashed hard from RF right at the end of my 15SSB shift but the log files are OK. I am backing them up every so often just in case. Had to reboot the computer to get N1MM to run again. Still very WORRIED about doing computer logging. It is very convenient for RTTY but for SSB I would rather do paper and pen. I can't type in data while transmitting as RF locks up the keyboard. So I hafta remember the callsign and enter it on the next receive.
    I do like these SSB pileups. Think I do have something on 20SSB tomorrow, will check and enter the Data here as to my schedule. Great to work Bob and Rick, and N0NCO a couple of times!!! Looking for more QRZeders!!! If U were calling and didn't get through, SORRY!!! I have some Power lines here to deal with.

8. WA6MHZ

There was a JAMMER too!! Some South of the border station was upset I was on THEIR frequency (never mind I had been there for almost 2 hours) and started playing obscene spanish language tapes. I moved up 2 KCs and told the pileup to follow me up, and finished the run. The stations had back their PRIVATE RESERVED Frequency!

9. WA6MHZ

OK I am done! There is still all of tomorrow until 0000Z, but I hafta be at work! I managed around 630 contacts for the week, but there were lotsa hours where I would go SKUNKED and not make a single one!! I had a good run on 20SSB tonight, but 15 Digital was a bust. As was 20 Digital. About 6 hours of wasted time for a handful of contacts.

Last contact on 20 was RA3PCI, well known Russian DXer who called me when I beamed over the South Pole.
    I called for stateside but everyone but the DXers had gone to bed. Tried for FR5HA but he faded out. Then for OD5ZZ who was booming in but then also faded out. Pileup contendees musta given a WTF when they heard a W1AW/6 calling!!! but I didn't get through and that was that. There is still 12 minutes on the clock, but the band is STONE DEAD for any stateside.

Had alotta problems with RF getting into the Keyboard and monitor. But I struggled through it.

Not many contacts today, except on 20SSB. 16 hours for only a few hours of good runs.

OK, when I get home tommorow night, it is time for TWO MORE states to go for it!

IN the meantime, I need to bring in my Paper logbook and transcribe the CW DX Contest contacts into XMLLOG so I can upload them to LOTW! Added 2 more new countries tonight! YJ0 and JW! Looked all weekend for the FP/W6HGF but he never had a signal into the West Coast. And I checked every time he was on! He musta had his beam on EU the whole time.

So I am exhausted, but it was a ONCE IN A LIFETIME chance to do this, and glad I made it through it.
    Now I can go die happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.