ad: w5yi

WA6MHZ as W1AW/6

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by KC9UDX, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm on 21295

2. WA6MHZ

Not doing well at all this morning. Someone reported there was a big SOLAR FLARE which wiped out 15 Meters!

3. WA6MHZ

I can tell there is a whole buncha stations calling in there, but they are just below the noise level Just getting burst of calls

4. WA6MHZ

everyone seems to be hearing me, I just can't hear them!!!

5. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

12 noon - Pat is getting loud into New Jersey on 21295.

6. N0NCO

N0NCO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, we recently got hit by a CME, so the bands are a bit dicey. Glad we were able to make contact before it hit. BTW - I was up on 12m phone a few minutes ago & talked to Namibia. He was a solid 5/9 here. I'm hearing Reunion Island right now on 15m phone, coming in at 4/2.

Mag_swe_24h.gif sw_dials.gif

7. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

quit yaking and I'll work ya

8. N0NCO

Now you're booming in over here at a solid 10 over 9.

9. WA6MHZ

Had a Head up my A$$ affair here. Couldn't figure out why all the sigs were so low and yet the antenna tuned up fine. That is because of the @#@#@# MFJ Autotuner. I was rotating the coax switch back and forth between the Cushcrudd R7 and the TRibander, but no change to the stations I worked. THEN I noticed that the MFJ was switched to ANT2, which is the 160/80/40 dipole that doesn't work. Well, evidently it DID work as I did work many stations on it, but no where near as good as the Tribander!!! Once that error was corrected, I started to hear sigs 59+, but suddenly 1800Z came and I had to switch to 15RTTY. Now I am listenning to HISS again as there aren't many RTTY stations out there. Can't go back to 15 SSB till 2200Z!!!!!!

10. N0NCO

Ahh...that explains things. It did seem odd that you had such poor copy on everyone. But you should be able to do pretty well this afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.